WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2020

Hallo all.  Have a wonderful week.

• AQ/CLARE Love the book JLS and the beautiful film and haunting music to go with it. I still have the Richard Bach book and have lent it out many times.

OG Sorry to hear you and J are in pain. Take care and dp hope EE remains pain free.
  • Just Googled Richard Bach .......... ah, that JLS.  I think I read it in my youth (as in single figure!) but I might have to pick it up again.  I must say that Jonathan's influence is clearly very strong around our local gulls!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Ditto, Lindy! It promises to be a nice week ahead, too.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Sunny here as well. Not sure it's very warm out there though - my heating came on this morning. I won't be ready to go out for a couple of hours yet, so hopefully it will have warmed up by then.
  • Limpy has suggested a visit to the Suffolk Owl Sanctuary today - you can imagine I said a prompt YES to this so I'll see you all (much) later.

• Clare - Enjoy your day. Hopefully that means photographs of owls at some stage ... looking forward to that!
  • Weather improving again - at last. Strange day as OH spent the morning deep-cleaning the "boys' shower" and peeling off the manky sealant (is manky a word? does it come from the French manque?) That makes it sound really gross, sorry. Anyway, this afternoon, now surfaces are dry, is scheduled for new sealant.

J and I are both having better days today, and also had a reasonable night.

Hope there will be good news from France, HEATHER. BTW, what was the outcome of your Nephew's hospitalisation?
  • OG - so happy that you and J had a better night ! My nephew was discharged home, with ABs. He is a poor soul and that is about all I can say. He doesn't yet know about his father's stroke, he just isn't a coper, mentally or physically.
    I think manky is a Scottish slang word! I hear it used frequently up here.
    It's been coldish here today, heating has been on.
    ANNETTE/DIANE - dreadful news from Oregon. And fires in California sound really bad.
    Regards to all !

• Hello, I'm on the desktop again as once more my tablet is refusing to co operate and speak to the Site here.  When I say I'm having internet problems, that's usually a different problem and we really must get onto Virgin Media about it sometime, as our WiFi seems to cut out intermittently.

Have been reading the posts but unable to reply without using my mobile which has tiny tiny print and drives me crazy. Its a beautiful day here, really sunny and almost warm! Got some bathmats etc on the line and did my shopping etc for the week - quite busy in there today so felt less safe.

Glad to hear that today is less awful for you both, OG. Good days and bad days, I guess :-( Yes, we use the word "manky" around here, too. Annette, I thought everyone knew what a punnet was, but maybe its just around here. Those fires are just dreadful, and now they say there's no sign of it being over yet. Heather, take care of yourself during this stressful time for your family.

We have a big joint of pork to cook, but I just discussed it with my OH and neither of us feels hungry enough to eat it! We are going to swap tomorrows meal of an M&S quiche, and cook the joint tomorrow.

Loved JL Seagull and still have it on my bookshelf.