Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 August 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new (the dark moon) on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. This is a rare "Black Moon," the third new moon in a season with four new moons. Each season has three months and three new moons. When a season has four new moons, the third new moon is sometimes called a "Black Moon" in popular culture.

Everyone have a wonderful, safe, and healthy week!!!

• Just a thought

Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. (Joshua J Marine)

• AQ:  Gosh - awful about daughter's hand.  I must've missed whatever happened originally.  You are a Godsend to them - and what lovely and powerful memories you're providing those grandkiddies!  

New carpeting is in with a lower profile than what it replaced so now we can see a line of green paint let over from long-ago days before we bought the house.  Painter reassured me that they deal with that kind of challenge every day and not to worry.   But how can a house with new floors and new carpeting be so dusty!   First world problems again.

• AQ -  I'm the same with Nanny Duty, when I had my three I had no help nearby so I know what its like. My Sister says  I shouldn't do so much but when I looked after Luna a few weeks ago she was so good and it was good for me to be on the go instead of sitting around at home. Luna also told me that I was her best friend - how adorable is that!

Also my Daughter is the only one at her company with young children and a very unsympathetic boss whose wife is a full time stay at  home Mum so he has no understanding. Yes there are still men with that attitude out there today!

I'm off to the tip/recycling centre with my garden waste and glass, then to a Marks and Spencer about 15 miles away on a small retail park to pick up an order and no doubt get some naughty but nice food treats.

Very windy here today but the west had it much worse yesterday so not complaining.

Stay safe and well all.

• Good Morning. Breezy here, but supposed to be the last of the weather front which has caused so many problems with storms, elsewhere in UK.

AQ - Sorry your daughter is having such a tough time, these things take but a moment but the problems can last for a long time after. I had to cope alone with my children, even though my parents had moved house and lived only two streets away -- my mother seemed to think that I should manage. She was also devoted to my father, who in his retirement wanted to go out here, there and everywhere. I got depression and no wonder: Saved by my good Friend G who came to live two doors away with a child the same age as my Youngest.

Off to wash my hair which is now growing down to my back on my neck! In February, it was nearly as short as my OHs!!
  • I was, like LINDY, left to get on with it by my dear mother, who, when she visited , pointed out my failings as a mother and housekeeper! When I became a grandmother I vowed never to interfere, just be there when needed for advice or help. If asked for something by the younger grandchildren I usually reply' what would Mummy say?'. I remember Katie ( now 18) as a small girl, asking me to buy her a pair of sandals that she took a fancy to, in TK Maxx. Katie looked at me with that lovely open expression that little children have and said ' I think she would be very happy because we've been looking for sandals'.
  • A lovely story Heather. Did Katie get her sandals?

OH still not feeling "himself" after the procedure. Granddaughter is arriving tomorrow, All visits to places of interest need to be booked in advance now, which complicates things. I think I am going to be busy.

Thanks to all for news. Good to hear what everyone else is doing.
  • Yes, lovely story Heather. I guess we both had mothers who thought that as they had managed, we should too. But it was rather galling when other mums said to me " I wish my mother lived nearer to us"

Rosy, sorry your OH has had lasting effects from his experiences. Hope he's more himself this weekend.

Went off to collect my prescriptions from the chemist after a two day kerfuffle over whether it not they were authorised by the Doc - finally sorted out now - they've put me on statins now which I'm not thrilled about, but it's my own fault as my cholesterol has been raised by our indulgent lockdown diet. Was very cross to find that our building society office was closed mid afternoon on a Friday!
  • Very belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DIANE, from me too.

Annette - sound like you are having a mini makeover - enjoy.
  • AQ - still doing Nanny duty then, you'll have to tell dau to let you slow down a little. Good, glad you're chilling.

Lindybird - we are due this year to start paying again but OH is waiting for the letter to tell him to do so, which is the advice loosly given to all those who have to start paying again --WAIT FOR THE LETTER. Lindy and SunnyKate we will wait for our official letter of which we haven't had yet and then will probably set up a monthly DD.

AQ - read the quotes and love them. Glad to hear that things are sorting themselves out and that Dau's hand could be back to near normal next week.