Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 August 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a healthy, safe, wonderful week! 

• It's a little cooler this morning, and solid cloud overhead. None of the forecast rain, and apart from lots of thundery rumbles yesterday, none of the predicted thunderstorms either. We really need a storm to break the humidity. Wondering whether I should cancel my visitors this afternoon - can't invite them indoors if the rain chooses that time to arrive ... problems, problems, decisions, decisions.
  • Oh dear ROSIE We heard on the news that some people were experiencing golf ball hail stones.

Sorry for all those who have had such adverse conditions. We have been luck and escaped Scot free.
  • HEATHER So pleased your son has some loyal customers. I do enjoy whisky but not enough to spend 3 figures on a bottle. Glad some people do.
  • Heather - Pleased that your son has some loyal customers. Why anyone would want to steal from someone else trying hard to earn a living is beyond me. Some people just do not care.

We have not had much rain since Wednesday, but the wet patch is spreading. There is still some water up there somewhere. A roofer is coming to look tomorrow. Apparently the problem is with the guttering.
    My elderly neighbour is recovering well.

I had my long overdue filling at the dentist this morning. I hope that fixes the problem, but the dentist can see a crack in the lower tooth as well, so that means a crown.

I see there is a TV programme about women in America who support His Orangeness this evening. I will not be watching, as we are unlikely to see Annette or Diane.
  • Just a short post from me today as I really don’t have much to say! Weather is much the same – dull part of the morning, but sunny and very warm now – a hosepipe evening later. When I first woke up this morning, I thought I was cold and couldn’t move, so OH put the duvet over me and left me a while and I have been fine since! He only managed to clean one shower room yesterday so has done the other this afternoon.

AQ – pleased you were able to help with the school run – hope your daughter’s hand will soon be less painful.

LINDA – you sure know how to fill a page, or at least your technology does; I think it gave us all a good laugh! Sorry about your aching legs.

HEATHER – so pleased to see some good news from your Son’s shop!

PAT – I wonder what you decided about potential visitors – I hope you were able to see them.

ROSY – sorry the wet patch is spreading; I hope the remedy will not be too expensive. Pleased the neighbour is recovering from the shock. I suppose most of us will be getting back to our dentists soon.

J has arrived home and I think quite pleased it is Friday – but all his whinges are normal ones, not related to Covid!
  • My potential visitors rang this morning and thought the weather was too risky - so I didn't have to make a decision. Just as well - I'm useless at decisions! We will try again next week, if the weather is more settled. It's been clammy and cloudy all day, with not a drop of rain and no sign of the sun. We had our normal Friday open air keep fit session, which was most enjoyable in the lower temperature. Since then I have done ... very little!
  • AQ:  I was so distracted by Lindybird's marathon posting session that I missed your previous post.  An aerial view no less?  Hmm.  And 10 bathrooms?   Geez Louise.  Really?  That's almost immoral.   Hope the rescue mission with the tank went well.

Heather:  We are in the 'flatlands' of the Goleta Valley.  I notice the Wikipedia entry made only a passing mention. Oh well. The Goleta entry notes a transition from agricultural to high-tech, which is true but failed to describe my being able to drive to Costo and Home Depot past citrus and avocado orchards!   I did read that the 1812 tsunami traveled a long way inland....  :-(   My plan in that event is to drive/run straight up Fairview Avenue!  Three figures for a nice bottle of whisky?  That's almost up there with 10 bathrooms.  :-)

Rosy:  Haha. Very perceptive to note that neither Diane nor I will be appearing on the 'women for Trump' program. Good luck with the gutters.

OG:  Good to read that J is in 'normal mode re whinging.

Off to Be Constructive.

• Only just seen AQs quotes, myself - you must have posted them whilst I was failing to post! Sorry to hear about your daughters hand, hope it heals quickly.

Went to chat to Sue, and admired her son's garden which is nearby. We put the world to rights, and enjoyed sitting in the sunshine which is not too hot today. Had five minutes zzz after lunch as had had a fitful night. Then tackled the ironing basket. Congratulated myself on getting to the bottom of the basket, then when I went outside to inspect some towels left on the laundry line, I found a shirt!! Grr!

Even ironed & pressed a sweater I had been hiding at the bottom of the basket - my OH had been wearing it in June, in spite of the fact that it has a wintry snowflake pattern across the front! I have now hidden it again at the bottom of his sweater drawer.

I'm expecting Annette to begin charging visitors to her garden, as she seems to have royal connections....
  • When I have time tomorrow, more on The Mystery of Linda's Aching Legs..... worthy of a detective novel!!
  • Sounds intriguing, Lindy. All to be revealed tomorrow!