Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 August 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a healthy, safe, wonderful week! 

• Hi! I couldn’t write anything yesterday evening – the hot weather had exacerbated all my arthritic pains and I could hardly walk, sit or stand – just didn’t know what to do with myself. Weather is much more pleasant today – lost the “muggy” feel, a little breeze and no precipitation expected. Yesterday afternoon, we decided OH shouldn’t work in the garden in 30 degrees plus temperature. We made scones instead – probably just as silly, having the oven on! But the scones turned out well. The evening didn’t cool much, and we had no rain – long session with the garden hose was required.

LINDA – I hadn’t realised it was such a short family visit; I hope their trip to the south coast goes smoothly, without huge crowds at the beaches. We are also getting “country smells” from the local farms – I think there are only certain months when they are allowed to spread the stuff so presumably August is one – we always remark that “It smells as if all the cows have just turned over”! I hope dentist visit will be good news.

HEATHER – good that the Janitor backed up the cleaning staff at school.

ANNETTE – That train accident near Aberdeen was really nasty – probably caused by flooding and landslips, but if it hadn’t been so wet, there would have been more passengers on it to be injured. Harry and Megan are apparently now living in Montecito, with several “celebrity” neighbours. How useful to be able to sell the paint samples – I hope the purchaser has found what she wanted among them.

ROSY – damage to your block sounds serious – I hope your own ceiling will stay in place and not get any worse. I hope the elderly neighbour with the ceiling collapse has got over his shock.

AQ – You were quiet last night – I hope you are okay! The thought will find its way into our next magazine – thank you.

Not a lot done today, but getting by, and the day is certainly more pleasant here. Take care, everyone!
  • OG - I quickly read your comment to Annette as "how useful to pass on the paint samples to Meghan (for her new house)." I don't expect she will need them though!. I must read more carefully.

We are due to have an inspection of our storm damage and the loft space.

Sorry you had such an uncomfortable (painful) day yesterday.

No more rain here yet. Still hot, but more comfortable than it has been for the last few days,
  • We had a tiny sprinkling of rain at 3.00am this morning - only lasted about two minutes! Hot and sunny morning, now overcast and quite loud rumbles for most of the afternoon, but no rain. We need something to break this humidity ... it's quite eerie at the moment, a sort of in between time but not sure what it's in between!
  • OG: Thanks for clarifying the Royals new location. I'll be seeing several celebrities this weekend so likely to bump into them. :-)) Sorry the weather was unkind to your joints; it's muggy and still here this morning with rain north of us.
  • Sorry, MIA today, but have been checking in! Take care, all...

• Much less pain today - and almost cool now - well, over 10 degrees less than yesterday. It's also going strangely dark as if it might rain, but nothing forecast.

Will reappear tomorrow morning while OH goes to Tesco.
  • ANNETTE – An aerial of your new neighbour’s property in our paper this morn. A family of 3 needs 16 bathrooms?!!! How the other half live.

OG – My supply of “sayings” was getting low and thanks to Google I have replenished. Occasionally (too often) I have “down” days and I’m sure others too. Posting thoughts & jokes helps me as much as you.

LINDA – OH’s dentist {local} left a card in district’s letterboxes to say he is offering 20% off until end of year. OH is still not going for his overdue checkup. I haven’t heard from my dentist who is as old as I. He said once that he would not retire and I joked that we would both come in with our gophers (mobility scooter).

Walking the dog, Dau slipped on a muddy slope, landing on her right hand. No fracture but very swollen & painful. S-i- was able to work from home and thus do school run. Today he has to go into work, so this afternoon I am going to do catch-up chores and collect Trio from school. My car is too small for 3 child seats. I shall have to drive Dau’s big “tank”.

• Teamwork means a lot of mindless morons doing exactly what the boss says.

Teamwork means never having to take all the blame yourself.

Co-operation is doing with a smile what you have to do anyway.

• OG -- Sorry your arthritis was made worse by the weather. I too, have been struggling with the heat - one day of it is OK, but day after day of it just drains me. Hope you will feel better now.

Got a message tonight with a lovely picture of Amber on her brand new bicycle, bought for her birthday which is in a couple of weeks. It was delivered and as they do not have a garage to hide it in, she was allowed to enjoy it right away. Yesterday, our tiniest member of the family, Rosie, took her1st ever wobbly steps. How they all grow.
  • OG -- Sorry your arthritis was made worse by the weather. I too, have been struggling with the heat - one day of it is OK, but day after day of it just drains me. Hope you will feel better now.

Got a message tonight with a lovely picture of Amber on her brand new bicycle, bought for her birthday which is in a couple of weeks. It was delivered and as they do not have a garage to hide it in, she was allowed to enjoy it right away. Yesterday, our tiniest member of the family, Rosie, took her1st ever wobbly steps. How they all grow.