Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 August 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON! 

The moon turns full on Monday, 3 August, in the U.K. and U.S.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe week! 

• OG:  Well then, J is definitely fashionable with the bald head.   Yes, new chairs at some point all round.  Even daughter's in AZ is apparently falling apart.  She turns 60 this year and we're all going to go in on a power recliner with power adjust lumbar and headrest.  They had some nice ones that would have fit the bill for predictably far fewer $$$s at Costco last week but they sold out almost immediately in the AZ store and the logistics of buying one here, then schlepping it to AZ and having to assemble it (and hope everything worked) was a bit too much.  

Off to drop my car off for servicing.  OH has follow up doc appointment tomorrow.  He went to Costco today to get his hearing aid adjusted...  I'll be interested to see how things are this evening.

• Not been on as its been a busy, muddled day. Nothing major, just lots happening including running out in a panic mid afternoon to rescue laundry from the line as a sudden heavy shower threatened already dry sheets.

Heather, glad you managed with some help to get your pc working OK. My Eldest is a whizz at these things but I do absolutely hate asking him for any help.

OG - Well done on your OH coping with a bit of hairdressing!! It's very fashionable now to have your hair very short or even completely shaved off. Our Youngest likes his short and says it's so stress free as there's no maintenance! I'm sure J feels the same.

Have read all the posts but won't comment on everything. Must go get some shut eye as I'm whacked now.

• Popped round to see DIL today as it was their WA yesterday. Felt rough today and yet had 3 good days at the end of last week. Its seems to come in waves of feeling drained etc. This virus has a lot to answer for.

Yesterday the travel company we have our holiday booked with cancelled our September holiday. Apparently they cannot make it viable. . Hopefully next year things might get back to near normal but who knows.

Had a doc's appt by phone yesterday re a gammy right knee. She seems to think its muscular and has prescribed some antiinflamatory gel and some exercises which she said she would email me. Waiting for both now..

Weather supposed to be getting better. Hope it is up North.
  • LYNETTE – I think we all have “down” days. This virus will be controlled eventually, just hang on.

HEATHER – I loved my visit to Kincraig Wildlife Park. Thanks for reviving my memories – I’ll recheck my photos later.

ANNETTE – I am so used to the new “rules” when out and about (distancing, washing hands, sanitizing, etc), that it seems normal. I was bothered while watching an old Monty Don program recently because he was getting too close to people he interviewed. It was filmed 2012!!! Even the Trio are brain-washed. Dau has always insisted they wash hands when they come inside after playing in garden. To set a good example, I lined up too despite not having climbed the peach tree, not swung on rope ladder, and so on. MissJ informed me about singing Happy Birthday while washing hands. . . as if it was normal thing to do.

OH has been swapping his fancy sound speakers & stuff. Now he has a sore back. “Why didn’t you use the sack-truck?” “I forget we had it.” <sigh> We used it only last week.

• Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week. (Spanish proverb)

I’m writing a book. I’ve got the page numbers done. (Steven Wright)

Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow just as well. (Mark Twain)

• Love those quotes, AQ!!!

Good Morning. Late today as overslept so now trying to catch up: had a patchy night so will be grumpy today - good job it's a golf day for my OH!
  • Know the feeling, LINDY ! I've been fully awake since 3am but more used to it than you probably are. Also, I don't have to do anything if I don't feel like it....No one else to please.
    LYNETTE - I'm sorry about your cancelled holiday. It may be for the best, though. Hotels etc are open but it may not have been the relaxing experience that you would be hoping for.
    OG - my eldest son in law shaves his head routinely, no barber involved. He started losing his hair many years ago. I just imagined J with dark curly hair !
  • ANNETTE – what a lovely birthday present you have planned for your Daughter – I hope you can get one at a reasonable price. I hope the hearing aid adjustment works for both of you!

LYNETTE – sorry your DiL had a rough day, but good to know there have been some better days. I think these various after-virus episodes are very unpredictable. Sorry about the holiday cancellation – probably a good thing, as the next few months (or more) are going to be very erratic everywhere. I hope the leg exercises will be helpful.

AQ – pleased that the girls have taken to the various precautions so well – but it is sad that young children are having to live with this.

HEATHER - J never had the curly hair , that was just D#2, and hers is still lovely despite perms and colours at various times! His wasn't entirely straight, just wavy like mine mostly was. Grandson#1 (son of Dau#2) has always had very curly hair.

LINDA – hope your OH will have dry golf today. Sorry about the night – try to rest before you really need to.

Not sure whether grass will be dry enough to mow today – there was still some rain in the night. One PIR of our intruder alarm has gone wrong, I think it’s my fault as it was tickled with the feather duster when OH tackled the cleaning yesterday! He’s now following instructions over the phone from a techie as they are hoping not to make a visit. J has been checking his car for regular use starting next week – he’s just gone out for a test drive.
  • Morning to all from Suffolk. We are expecting very high temps here today and tomorrow so keeping the windows and curtains closed.

My week off last week with the family visiting was wonderful - the first time they have all been together since last years holiday! Lots of beach visits and water fun.

The only thing was me coming down with a very bad chest infection and sore throat. I finished one course of antibiotics yesterday but still coughing all day and night so called the doc and she prescribed a different antibiotic and for 7 days this time. I really hope this will do it.

I have also had 2 Covid tests which thankfully were both negative - one was part of a random survey for Imperial College and the other asked for by the doctor at a drive through site.

For all that have the heat - stay cool and everyone have a good weekend.

Diane - have I missed the cocoon hatch? 

• HARELADY: I hope you feel better immediately. I'm glad you've had the COVID tests and were negative. That's a weight from shoulders, anyway. Frightening to get sick these days. Sending you healing energy.

The fancy moth cocoon simply disappeared one night. I got up in the morning and it was gone. I don't know whether the moth emerged in the night and the cocoon simply blew away, or the moth became the dinner of a raccoon, squirrel or some other critter.

I was hoping to see it emerge, but no luck. The cocoon was there in the evening, and at dawn it was gone. I prefer to think that the moth emerged and was beautiful! LOL