DYFI DAILY OBS & CAPTURES - AUGUST 2020 to end of season

Congratulations to Ems and all at the ©Dyfi Osprey Project, you have kept a great service going throughout this difficult time.

From this:

To this:

... in no time at all ;)

Compliments of ALISON:

"KC7 (Bob1) is Tywi (pronounced Toe-wee) and KC6 (Bob2) is Teifi (pronounced Tay-vee)"

Brought forward from 01 July, the proud and prolifically provisioning parents:

All pictures and videos:

©MONTGOMERYSHIRE WILDLIFE TRUST ©DYFI OSPREY PROJECT  

• Mike B said:
    I posted that so that you'd know what time to look!

So considerate, as always, MIKE   And you did your best, but Ems refused to have a timeline - I can't think of any reason besides pure cussedness Persevere

• Terrific videos Scylla, both - what a delight!

and both frames around the Buzzard look good! If I have to choose (difficult) I'd say, the first frame because the light colour inside the narrow bands of brown co-ordinate so beautifully with the light on the pale feathers with the narrow brown lines of the frame doing the same for the birds brown feathers. It's just so right! But I'd rather not choose so do I get a discount on framed capture two please?
  • Unknown said:
    do I get a discount on framed capture two please?

I forgot to say that those 2 were BOGOF, Cirus Heart eyes  

And it's the shades that are wrong, they often look different after uploading.

• BOGOF !!!!! bog off is semi rude dear? I grew up with the phrase. Wot do you mean?
  • Cirrus. I think MC meant Buy One Get One Free (A whole different meaning!)
  • MC. The Buzzard was back on the nest perch at 0902 if you are looking .
  • MC Re Timeline. It was thought that it spoiled the actual picture and made it look like a security CCTV.
    I have to say many others objected to it as they have elsewhere.
    I think it is an invaluable tool!
  • Mike B said:
    Re Timeline. It was thought that it spoiled the actual picture and made it look like a security CCTV.

What a load of billox.  (Seein' as I've been unjustly accused of swearing, I might as well deserve it Grin )  The timeline is unintrusive yet clear, admirable.

End-of-season doodling with snaps :)

The Buzzard was in 'n out from about 06:15:

By 08:00 it was on the pinnacle:

Nothing is safe down there!  Cam couldn't keep up with it, couldn't see where it went next:

After this it flew up to the high perch and I lost it due to stop/restart the download:

• The Buzzard was back, flying in at about 10:30 and staying on the high perch for half an hour.  It flew "northwest" low over the marsh until it disappeared.

The blustery breeze was distracting, moving the grasses and foliage, tipping a stick from the nest - but I don't think anyone else (besides a corvid twice) visited for the rest of the day.  I think all our Ospreys are gone, don't you? Wink 

• Heehee - around 22:00 - just the one Barn Owl: