GLASLYN OSPREYS - AUGUST 2020 to end of FEBRUARY 2021

Link to  july-2020

Bywydd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife website/webcam >  https://www.glaslynwildlife.co.uk/live/

YouTube Live Stream (with chat) > www.youtube.com/watch

Public Facebook page > https://www.facebook.com/BywydGwylltGlaslynWildlife/

All captures and videos ©Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

Blogs and videos to the season so far:

Mrs G returned 21st March, 10:36 > mrs-g-returns

Aran returned 3rd April, 12:08 > aran-returns

First egg laid 13th April, 12:08 > mrs-g-lays-first-egg-of-2020

Second egg laid 16th April, 18:17 > mrs-g-lays-second-egg-of-2020

Third egg laid 19th April, 19:01 > mrs-g-lays-3rd-egg-2020

First hatch 20th May, 10:52 > first-2020-chick-hatches

Second hatch 21st May, 17:59 > second-glaslyn-chick-of-2020-hatches

Third hatch 24th May, 12:52 > third-chick-hatches-on-glaslyn-nest

Chicks ringed 24th June > glaslyn-chicks-are-ringed

KC2 fledged 9th July, 14:48 aged 50 days > kc2-has-fledged

KC3 fledged 14th July, 9:36 aged 54 days > kc3-fledges

KC4 fledged 19th July, 18:44 aged 56 days > kc4-fledges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three juveniles are thriving under Mrs G and Aran's continued care, proving once again what formidable parents they are. Long may the season continue to be be hassle-free as it nears the time for migration

• Thanks, SANDRA :)

It's raining ("of course"), pity we have no sound to hear the wind, and the nightcam angle doesn't really give us a good idea of it by sight, so we can't tell if it's rivalling Dyfi ;)

IMAGICAT

• An unidentified juvie on the perch It is very windy and they are bouncing up and down with the perch At one point there was a brief response to an intruder Corvid?

C BGGW

RF playing up Will try again

• 20 August

Windy night.

KC3 and KC4 (I can't be certain that KC2 wasn't there because of ring number unclarity, but I don't think she was) were on 'n off the nest between 05:53 and 06:30, very lively indeed, mostly blurred due to their fast movements.

KC3 came back to the perch:

Something was disturbing the family (minus MrsG) at breakfast time - and the flounder proved difficult to deal with - I have yet to see whether we left it in KC2's more capable talons ;)  This is very long, not quite real time.

First KC4 came and waited for KC2 to finish (she'd hardly made much of a start, despite trying!), then another juvie whom I can't recognise, you won't be surprised, then Aran brought another fish:

KC4 got the second FLOUNDER:

A very difficult visual period!  KC3 was waiting on the nest but now on the perch, KC2 and KC4 with a fish each on the nest:

I have to break off... not doing well today, hope not to be too late finishing off.

IMAGICAT

• Someone had a flounder out there !!!

I've been trying to work out how we ended up with no fish on the nest.

MrsG took a leftover flounder:

KC4 had had a good munch by the time she left and there was this much on the nest:

KC3 had a jolly good prance and helicopter with KC4's leftover - and that's how we ended up with no fish on the nest:

This guy eventuall got a scrap:

Was this the intruder who caused concern at breakfish time?

Did it draw Aran from the distant tree with his leftover?

I think KC4 came back for it :-/

A nice long rest for me while the nest was empty and the cam did some tours which I've skimmed thru carelessly, then KC4 landed (I promise, her ring was clear when the rest of her wasn't) - she stayed shouting until 13:21:

She was back on the perch briefly, after she left KC3 took her place, shouted for a while, left, back again @ 15:08, still shouting... after toing and froing KC3 and KC4 ended up on the perch together:

Eventually KC4 got a fine brown trout:

When KC2 also turned up KC4 flew with the fish.

Look at KC2 and KC3's faces!  Someone out there is alerting them:

They both flew and the cam looked around but couldn't see anyone else, soon the same 2 juvies were back hoping for fish:

Had to stop to do a special snap of KC3 tearing off to the nest after a shouting session on the perch:

MrsG was still out there observing:

KC3 got a... FLOUNDER !!! Grin 

KC2 looked on from the perch, between preens:

A quick digression to see MrsG still "out there".

What a contrast, the sun went in, this was very pale and dim, I've kinda enhanced it - had to show it cos KC3 looks quite Dickensian Joy 

We haven't seen what happened to the fish on the nest.

MrsG is still out there.

KC2 about to fly @ 19:26:

All of a sudden, look who's here !!!  KC3's flounder nowhere to be seen - it wasn't very large, now I think of it:

Having found the nest fishless, she took a turn on the perch:

Only corvids from then on.

IMAGICAT

• No one in sight at present. Just after 6am there were two chicks there. One of which was KC3.
  • Once more a terrific effort Scylla, so hope today is a better day for you.

Thanks Mike for your observation
  • KC3 seriously buffeted by the wind

Whilst Iwas doing a quick round of al the other nests,KC3 received some fish and was jponed by a sibling, perhaps KC2

BGGW

• According to me, the cam froze @ 17:14 with KC3 on the nest - and that's where he remains :(

IMAGICAT

• I think we're back up - similar scene to when we went down.

IMAGICAT