GLASLYN OSPREYS - AUGUST 2020 to end of FEBRUARY 2021

Link to  july-2020

Bywydd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife website/webcam >  https://www.glaslynwildlife.co.uk/live/

YouTube Live Stream (with chat) > www.youtube.com/watch

Public Facebook page > https://www.facebook.com/BywydGwylltGlaslynWildlife/

All captures and videos ©Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

Blogs and videos to the season so far:

Mrs G returned 21st March, 10:36 > mrs-g-returns

Aran returned 3rd April, 12:08 > aran-returns

First egg laid 13th April, 12:08 > mrs-g-lays-first-egg-of-2020

Second egg laid 16th April, 18:17 > mrs-g-lays-second-egg-of-2020

Third egg laid 19th April, 19:01 > mrs-g-lays-3rd-egg-2020

First hatch 20th May, 10:52 > first-2020-chick-hatches

Second hatch 21st May, 17:59 > second-glaslyn-chick-of-2020-hatches

Third hatch 24th May, 12:52 > third-chick-hatches-on-glaslyn-nest

Chicks ringed 24th June > glaslyn-chicks-are-ringed

KC2 fledged 9th July, 14:48 aged 50 days > kc2-has-fledged

KC3 fledged 14th July, 9:36 aged 54 days > kc3-fledges

KC4 fledged 19th July, 18:44 aged 56 days > kc4-fledges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three juveniles are thriving under Mrs G and Aran's continued care, proving once again what formidable parents they are. Long may the season continue to be be hassle-free as it nears the time for migration

• KC4 eating some fish remains and according to BGGW VC that's Aran in the bottom L corner with a fresh fish KC4 eventually flew off

When was Mrs G last seen? It seems ages since I've seen her

C BGGW

• Big hug SCYLLA for showing Mrs G yesterday She's certainly been keeping a low profile
  • Hellow

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• "Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• patily said:
    Big hug SCYLLA for showing Mrs G yesterday She's certainly been keeping a low profile

I've been anxious for her since that nasty nip, as she really knew all about it!

=================

15 August

©Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

It was KC4 who claimed last night's flounder, just after 06:00 - but almost immediately Aran brought in a brand new whole shiny one... and he ate it!  KC4 made do with the leftover but didn't eat the skin.

07:37 KC2 flew in and started on KC2's leftover leftover flounder skin, she was soon joined by KC3, who stood and sat by, he couldn't have realised how little there was to share.  (As you can see, the reflections and debris on the lens are making this very unfriendly so I won't do many snaps.)

Was this the same flounder that Aran was eating earlier?

KC2 got that one as well !!!

KC3 made some half-hearted attempts to get a bite but flew @ 08:05, and KC2 flew with remains of the new leftover a minute later.

Later, two Ospreys - Aran and maybe MrsG? (it looks rather white-headed for her but must be) - chilling and a Raven pottering... "Weird Perspective":

We left that scene abruptly and focused on a waiter on the nest:

Colours are way off due to my messin'.

We alternated between views:

Did Aran go fishing?

Raven perched in the tree:

When it flew off it appeared (off-cam) to have flushed out a pigeon(?):

We just caught whoever was on the nest flying off @ 10:34.

"MrsG" flew from the tree as a see-thru shadow @ 10:37.

We had a tantalisingly fleeting and not-close-enough visitor on the perch then fence - I can only think of Mistle Thrush but it's so speckly!  Two (at least) little birds flew off after it:

KS8 Clywedog 2-year-old female was on the nest for 26 minutes before being driven off by KC3:

KC3 flew with this slim fish:

That's it up to now... 13:53.

IMAGICAT

• Thank you very much SCYLLA for your fabulous daily round ups, you do know that they are always appreciated even although I don’t say it often enough Grinning Thumbsup

• KC4 eagerly tucking in to a good sized fish

C BGGW

• I was expecting the part-whopper to fall from the perch-bird's talon, but it has reached the nest :o

IMAGICAT

• 14:12 KC4 came to the perch.

15:05 she was on the nest waiting when the WHOPPER was delivered:

(EDIT - I've just been to Chat to see if they had seen an intruder when KC4 and KC3 seemed to be protesting around 16:45, there was speculation but nothing positive - anyway, the point is ;) they eventually ID'd this fish as a SEA BASS.)

So was her disappointed sister, who flew @ 15:39 when it was obvious she wasn't going to get a share any time soon:

14:04 Aran brought another, smaller fish:

KC2 got it and flew with it:

After more than an hour and a half with the Whopper, KC4 managed to fly with three-quarters of it:

KC4 got safely back to the nest and KC3 was on the perch, they behaved as if someone was bothering them but... ???

The sibs changed places:

She was dancing around with it - don't drop it!

Eek !!!

Back she went to the nest with it, KC3 came and waited, standing and sitting, he flew @ 17:30 and KC4 a few minutes later.

ENS for a while then a Raven came and had a poke around and pinched some fish:

18:02 KC2 arrived on the nest:

She got a small fish from Aran but it's amongst the sticks under her feet:

(Drag n drop stopped working so I'll start another post.)

IMAGICAT