GLASLYN OSPREYS - AUGUST 2020 to end of FEBRUARY 2021

Link to  july-2020

Bywydd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife website/webcam >  https://www.glaslynwildlife.co.uk/live/

YouTube Live Stream (with chat) > www.youtube.com/watch

Public Facebook page > https://www.facebook.com/BywydGwylltGlaslynWildlife/

All captures and videos ©Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

Blogs and videos to the season so far:

Mrs G returned 21st March, 10:36 > mrs-g-returns

Aran returned 3rd April, 12:08 > aran-returns

First egg laid 13th April, 12:08 > mrs-g-lays-first-egg-of-2020

Second egg laid 16th April, 18:17 > mrs-g-lays-second-egg-of-2020

Third egg laid 19th April, 19:01 > mrs-g-lays-3rd-egg-2020

First hatch 20th May, 10:52 > first-2020-chick-hatches

Second hatch 21st May, 17:59 > second-glaslyn-chick-of-2020-hatches

Third hatch 24th May, 12:52 > third-chick-hatches-on-glaslyn-nest

Chicks ringed 24th June > glaslyn-chicks-are-ringed

KC2 fledged 9th July, 14:48 aged 50 days > kc2-has-fledged

KC3 fledged 14th July, 9:36 aged 54 days > kc3-fledges

KC4 fledged 19th July, 18:44 aged 56 days > kc4-fledges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three juveniles are thriving under Mrs G and Aran's continued care, proving once again what formidable parents they are. Long may the season continue to be be hassle-free as it nears the time for migration

• MC and all. Heather has posted that the LS is down and won't reset. She will try again in the morning but it may require an engineer.
  • Thanks, Mike, I noticed it was down earlier this afternoon so we went out. Heather is a trooper and it is wonderful that Glaslyn's live stream has carried on this long, despite numerous problems, especially considering they originally planned to stop it much earlier. Was it originally due for September sometime? Hope this repair does not cost too much.
  • Thank you girls! Slight smile 

Mike B said:
    It was indeed a Buzzard

Thank  you, Mike!  A YouTuber suggested it should be called Leighton, duh! Grin 

19 November

Another very wet day!

The feeders were in use - I couldh have got a better shot of this GSW but wanted to get the Magpie's flash-by in as well:

Without stopping to to-and-fro the frames, I can't tell is that was a Great or Coal Tit perched on top:

I suppose the flora and fauna are used to this weather here :-/

A rainbow:

This is not the end of the day, but the stream has gone down and there's no live stream presently, as far as I can tell.  EDIT - I didn't see this page and Mike's info re the stream - thanks again, Mike!

• Well, dunno about 'on top'. but a great tit certainly on the side of feeder in pic 2 and most likely in pic 3 - this certainly not a coal tit anyway. Very nice 'weather' shots, thank Scylla
  • Unknown said:
    a great tit certainly on the side of feeder in pic 2

I didn't even notice it, CIRRUS, thanks! Grin

And guess who's forgotten all about the lost URL today?  Yeah. I've just set a seldom-used piece of software on it that sometimes downloads some of the backlog (but is otherwise a failure), we'll see.  We may have missed flocks of Starlings but Heather wasn't sure if they'd come our way.

• I got the whole day Open mouth  But none of it was playable at normal speed, I could only scroll thru it manually.  No Starling.  Another rainy day, everything still flooded.

Some birds:

• Soggy sheep, the little dears . Farmers don't seem to 'barn' sheep like they do cattle (although I've seen cattle out on the Mendips in simply awful mud and weather and COLD !)
  • Thanks, MIKE! The awful sound is back tho, it had been being transmitted muted, somehow. I'm only complaining because it means remembering to mute it on any video... not easy to do... remember, that is ;)
  • MC. Live stream gone down again! Heather has acknowledged on Chat.