GLASLYN OSPREYS - AUGUST 2020 to end of FEBRUARY 2021

Link to  july-2020

Bywydd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife website/webcam >  https://www.glaslynwildlife.co.uk/live/

YouTube Live Stream (with chat) > www.youtube.com/watch

Public Facebook page > https://www.facebook.com/BywydGwylltGlaslynWildlife/

All captures and videos ©Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

Blogs and videos to the season so far:

Mrs G returned 21st March, 10:36 > mrs-g-returns

Aran returned 3rd April, 12:08 > aran-returns

First egg laid 13th April, 12:08 > mrs-g-lays-first-egg-of-2020

Second egg laid 16th April, 18:17 > mrs-g-lays-second-egg-of-2020

Third egg laid 19th April, 19:01 > mrs-g-lays-3rd-egg-2020

First hatch 20th May, 10:52 > first-2020-chick-hatches

Second hatch 21st May, 17:59 > second-glaslyn-chick-of-2020-hatches

Third hatch 24th May, 12:52 > third-chick-hatches-on-glaslyn-nest

Chicks ringed 24th June > glaslyn-chicks-are-ringed

KC2 fledged 9th July, 14:48 aged 50 days > kc2-has-fledged

KC3 fledged 14th July, 9:36 aged 54 days > kc3-fledges

KC4 fledged 19th July, 18:44 aged 56 days > kc4-fledges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three juveniles are thriving under Mrs G and Aran's continued care, proving once again what formidable parents they are. Long may the season continue to be be hassle-free as it nears the time for migration

• Not at all. I wasn't sure and am glad to know JillR
  • JillR said:
    Sorry folks - the two birds are little grebes (dabchicks)

These, JILL?  I just found a nice little video on here filmed in Wales in 2013, so hopefully these will be remembered ;)  Little sweeties.

13 November

The whole morning up to 13:30 was corrupted, unplayable :(  Late afternoon/evening we got some nest views, the corvid pair were seen blurrily on the perch and then a squirrel kindly turned up, popped into the left side and down over the bak, was here for about 3 seconds Grin

14 November

Here was the Goosander in the middle of the river - there were sometimes two, I could never see where the second one came from and the view was always very distant:

Later a Magpie, no better view available:

Shame to give a beautiful swan a muddy frame, but needs must Wink

• Well, the Goosander is a handsome dude and Little Sweeties will indeed be remembered.. Magpie and Swan more than acceptable. Thank you Scylla
  • 15 November - I just said there was nothing to report but had left out the morning 6 hours.

There was a Little Grebe/Dabchick among 3-4 Goosanders, and then several corvids, including magpies, under the feeders - but no clear views.

• 16 November

Pinky-mauvy morning, colours not enhanced:

(Drag-n-drop has stopped working... Picture upload reporting "Error"... I'm going to clear cache/cookies and see if that works.)

Oh well, didn't need to - I can edit in the snap/s.

It got more vivid Open mouth

Last shot before Heather changed the view:

There are 4 corvids here, the leftmost is head-only and other dark blobs are wood:

Underneath that view were Great and Coal Tits flitting around.

Glasnessie revived:

Goosander trailing 'footprints':

Way over the other side of the bridge:

That was up to 13:45.

It's been a dull and rainy day, no rainbows!

• Terrific sequence of colour change - most interesting . And ye gods - 'hey ma I shrank the  Osprey'.

very  nice birdie shots nevertheless but Glasnessie   ?   nah - its a salty croc in disguise ( ¶ if you go down  to the river today .....¶ 

• 17 November

What a grey day, and wet too - this is quite a bit brighter than the original.  Who was it?  I called it a Pheasant at first, and indeed the Pheasant was seen unmistakably later, on the ground near the feeders.

Flooded again:

18 November

There's even less of the plants in the "Flooded again" snap visible today.

Sunshine !!!

???

• Thanks, Scylla, love the pics, especially the sunshine pic.
  • I just underline what Gardenbirder has written and add my thanks Scylla
  • MC. It was indeed a Buzzard, confirmed by Heather during the discussion and when it flew off.

Thank you for your updates!