DYFI DAILY OBS & CAPTURES - JULY 2020

How appropriate to start the new month on the chicks' first ringed day.

Quote DOP FB:  "We ringed our two chicks this afternoon and we have TWO BOYS"

Compliments of ALISON:

"KC7 (Bob1) is Tywi (pronounced Toe-wee) and KC6 (Bob2) is Teifi (pronounced Tay-vee)"

From this:

To this:

... in no time at all !!!

This is what's known as "make do and mend" - proud parents, with the help of ©Dyfi Osprey Project:

ALL PICTURES ©MONTGOMERYSHIRE WILDLIFE TRUST ©DYFI OSPREY PROJECT 

IMAGICAT

• adu

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• dau

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

• bnn

Magnus Ullman

• Great shots LIMPY Telyn currently feeding the kids but according to chat its an "old" fish
  • Before breakfish arrived Telyn brought a huge forked stick - she laid it down on our side but most of it ended up drooping over the side:

Hours later, Idris brought a standard stick - still no breakfish:

Telyn came to defend -vs- unseen intruder:

Looks like she gave chase:

She returned to the nest with more shouting, then up to the pointy perch for a few minutes, during that time she ruffled the intrusion out of her feathers:

She flew back to the nest for a moment:

Then flew around to the high perch:

Idris brought a fish to the nest:

But with no Telyn on the nest he took it back up to the perch:

He brought it back when Telyn turned up:

Telyn took the fish from Idris (you can see she hasn't eaten for a long time), he flew, the chicks flattened, and Telyn flew off with the fish:

Back to nest:

Next thing we know, she's back on the high perch with Idris on the other end!

After a few minutes she took it back to the nest and got a welcoming wing from a chick:

Idris brought a piece of fish, old or new? and left it on the nest:

He flew up here and had a good feak:

That's only up to 16:13 but I can't do any more for the mo, having zonked myself by making crucial errors along the way and trying to put them right Persevere

IMAGICAT

• Lovely fox foraging under the nest:

IMAGICAT

• Beautiful fox! Great pic.
  • Not too long after the fox, Idris brought a medium Mullet:

No Telyn, so he left it in the (in)capable care of KC6...

...who had thought s/he was grabbing it but got his foot as he flew...

...up to the pointy perch:

Each displaying their progress!

KC6 is lying on the fish, both parents watching from the perch:

It was well over an hour before Telyn came and fed them, and even then she was on 'n off 2-3 times:

I can't say for sure but I think Telyn took some of the fish up to the perch and ate it.  By that time nightcam was kicking in.

IMAGICAT

• Lovely sunny morning for a change Chicks alone on nest Adults both on Monty's perch
  • What a beautiful view! KC7 standing, KC6

©MWT/DOP