DYFI DAILY OBS & CAPTURES - JUNE 2020

It seems that Telyn overdid the delayed incubation of egg #1 this season, and we therefore have chicks only from eggs #2 and #3.  But what fine chicks they are - thanks to the new man Idris's provisioning and Telyn's mothering, they are doing very well.

Proud parents:

I hope you're not having a justified giggle at my struggles on this routine first of the month, KORKY, cos I didn't do the new thread early!  It's been worse, tho.

IMAGICAT

• Oh, Limpy, I missed your birthday--so sorry! Belated Happy Birthday wishes from me and J, and we hope you had a great day!

Kind regards, Ann

• No reports after PATILY's early-morning one yesterday, so here's a rough fish-gathering effort.

Waiting for breakfish:

It didn't arrive until around 08:00, an unfortunately flapper:

Both chicks strong and lively:

... if not the best of friends ;)

Very scared or very guilty ??? Grin  

Wet Idris on perch without fish:

There was no fish on the nest either, and it was coming on to rain:

Eventually a rather small offering, by this nest's standards:

Please, Mama, can I have some more?" Relieved 

That was up to 16:24.

Typical!

A better fish @ teatime:

They don't mind the rain (this shot was taken when the cam thought it would follow Idris to a perch but he never arrived on it):

That's because he went and got another fish, no problemmo Heart eyes 

Telyn had to settle for a wet night on her babes:

IMAGICAT

• PS - I think there was an intruder episode but I couldn't find anything informative, without really stopping to examine...

IMAGICAT

• This morning so far...

Pre-dawn Idris came and checked on his family:

Then he went off and found a flounder ;)

Which was fed immediately to chicks, of course.

That will have to do for now, other nests and a phone caller await ;)

IMAGICAT

• I  am back sort of computer still shut it self down when it feel like it it also reboots it self so i never get any warning

my mate is coming again some time friday  late afternoon early evening so i will try to post some things today

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Today

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

• very wet and windy

Magnus Ullman

• Idris

Magnus Ullman

• Fish

Magnus Ullman

• Idris stays on the nest for a shot while

Magnus Ullman