LOCH ARKAIG - The Woodland Trust - June 2020

Link to May 2020 thread

Aila and Louis' first chick hatched on Friday 29 May. Perhaps we can expect number 2 and 3 to hatch on 1 and 4 June. 

May brought lots of fish, clods, shag pile, sticks, osprey and owl intruders and fame to Aila and Louis, appearing on the BBC, Channel 4 and Chris Packham's Self Isolating Bird Club Live.

When adding screen shots please add the appropriate copyright link to 

© THE WOODLAND TRUST, LOCH ARKAIG OSPREY PROJECT - POST CODE LOTTERY

• 16.23, very nice whole fish delivered by Loius. 16.40, Louis returns to collect the fish so he can get his share. Ian

• 17.48, Louis flashes across the front of the nest and brings back the fish. Feeding commences. Ian
  • I didn't see Louis take away the fish he returned at 17.48 but he must have. At 19.15 he brings in a half fish that I don't believe is new. Aila has a quick flyaround and comes back to feed the bobs. Ian

• Well done to everyone who's managed to post today. I've not managed until now and I'm not even going to try to post a photo here, nor look at any other threads. Let's hope for a better day tomorrow. I hope it's not just me!!
  • No Korky, it isn't just you. See you tomorrow. Ian
  • 20.42, Louis brings in a stick, I think Aila was expecting something else. Nonetheless, she picks up a piece of fish (presumably per19.15 above) and feeds the bobs. Ian
  • 21.05, Louis comes back for the fish remains which only consist of the tail. He makes a couple of noises as if to say "is this all there is?". He however takes it. That's me for today, I really do hope that the site is quicker on Thursday. Ian
  • Ian S said:
    I really do hope that the site is quicker on Thursday

Thanks for all your diligent reporting, IAN - and I can report that @ 22:00 approx, the site recovered!

HOWEVER, it was OK yesterday evening, it was during the night that it seized up again - so we'll have to wait and see.

IMAGICAT

• This is the first time I have been able to get on without having to wait 10 mins for each click of the mouse.   

So all who posted did well and must have great patience.   

Must say Korky you gave me the only laugh of the day when it comes to this forum, when you said your post might just be seen before the chicks fledge.  

I will catch up with other threads tomorrow if the site stays in its normal state, if it doesn't I won't be hanging around for 45 minutes to make one single post. 

How you managed to post screenshots Scylla is beyond me.   I tried three different browsers but all were the same. 

Until tomorrow, Good Night all and fingers crossed for tomorrow. 

• MaryGK said:
    How you managed to post screenshots Scylla is beyond me.

MARY, I missed you so much, but I knew you'd be rooting for me and understanding :-*

I'll just see if it's worth posting a few snaps from the day.

08:48:

Aila had a short preen 'n stretch:

11:02 - a well headless fish:

13:50 Aila chased off someone, I couldn't see who (maybe it was seen and reported by U-NO-HOO but I'll need to go back and re-read):

Teatime fine whole fish, which got fed to the chicks and taken away and brought back twice!

20:42 - a fish was req'd but a stick was brought:

Aila nabbed a fish tailend that was under Louis's feet and fed some of that to the chicks:

Aila took two quick bathroom breaks up to 01:39.

IMAGICAT