Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 31 May 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a good and safe week. 

• Your salad sounds delish, that is my kind of salad.
  • Morning all:  Thanks for news of golf games, weather, wind-blown trees.  :-)

Lindybird:  Florida salad?  Intriguing.  Too bad about the forum.  Even our neighborhood website has had some people who join in just to attack others, but it's monitored and they have disappeared (don't miss them).  

AQ;  Agree that humidity is intolerable once the temps go up, which here means anywhere east of the Rockies....

Didn't do much of anything yesterday other than a few household chores and a natter on phone to friends.  Mostly ignored the news; I mean, you think things can't get any worse......  :-(     This week a lot of our stores are opening for in-store shopping - I may venture out for a couple of non-essential items.

Take care everyone.

• Annette - Florida Salad: Its just one of the small pre mixed packs, amongst all the 'potato salad ', and 'Waldorf salad' etc. which are on offer in the chilled selection. I'll go & check the ingredients on the label in a minute...

Pat. Well done on managing 18 holes! Quite an a achievement. Hope you don't pay for it, and ache too much tomorrow.

I was complaining yet again, that a recent drama was unwatchable by us, as the actors were whispering & mumbling. No point in trying to work out what is supposed to be going on if you can't make out what's being said, as it might as well be in Swahili! It was suggested by someone that I try putting the subtitles on, which I quickly declined. For one thing  it was about 10 episodes so no way did I want to suffer that for so long, plus my OH would not watch anything for more than one minute with subtitles, as he claims he can't watch the subtitles & the action at the same time. I was then told that I could learn to love them!

Eventually,  after several exchanges, I gave up arguing, after being told that I would enjoy it!

• Florida Salad? Doesn't that contain small pieces of orange? Or am I thinking of something else? I know I like it!

Someone told me today that people in London are also protesting about the man killed by the police. Apparently one person who was interviewed was asked why, and the response was, 'Well, you need an excuse to protest about something, don't you'. Brain of a gnat? Maybe that's generous …
  • "Florida Salad" -- "Chunks of pineapple & apple with shredded cabbage, mandarin segments and glace cherries in a creamy mayonnaise."

• I thought there were oranges in there somewhere!
  • Lindybird: Interesting but glace cherries aren't big over here in salads. They'd likely put in dried cranberries (and nuts) but then I add them to many salads.
  • Where are these days disappearing to? Well, I got here, so will look at last night’s and today’s posts.

LYNETTE – thinking of your Daughter – I hope the first day back went well, although I must say I think Scotland is being much more sensible, taking it slowly. However there do seem to be some very stupid people everywhere who may cause another peak in the virus if they carry on as they are.

AQ – hope you enjoyed your clandestine visit to Daughter while the Trio were in school! Amazing to think the two littlies are now coming 6!

LINDA – don’t know if anything is being said south of the border, but Scottish Water are politely asking us to save water – next step they will be telling us. OH and I enjoyed a cheese salad with fresh potato salad made with Jersey Royals – so decadent. J made himself Chicken chow mien! How could he not like home-made potato salad and home-grown lettuce? Was it the Norwegian trip with Sis-in-law which you were trying to rebook? You will all be disappointed about that. More pretty Poppies, enough to cheer anyone up! A few weeks ago, Grandson and Wife adopted someone with a tail. When it was finalised, he wrote “he has settled into our house and flattened our Daffodils” – with photographic evidence! Cherries in the Florida Salad? That must be a posh one – M&S or Waitrose?

PAT – must have been wonderful to be back on the golf course – even if it was a challenging one! I hope you will not be too stiff tomorrow – at least you should sleep well tonight after all the fresh air!

ANNETTE – I am afraid the present law and order issues won’t go away quickly – I hope nothing terrible happens near you, DIANE or BJANE.

More gardening today – back to where we first began, but always something to be cut back, tidied or otherwise improved! Mrs Blackbird had to show us once again how it should have been done – then we have to sweep up after her efforts. She is the proud parent of one offspring – now bigger than her – and learning some of her gardening tricks! OH is still outside, watering as usual.
  • The site would not let me in yesterday after I came home feeling very bright from my hour’s chat at Dau’s. I was greeted vigorously by Toby (dog), Fluffy (cat) came to sniff this stranger and s-i-l popped out for a few minutes (he is still working from home). I could not convince OH to come. Maybe next weekend when “we” deliver gifts.

LINDA – Our restrictions vary state to state. Eg. QLD has had staggered returns for travel, first essential, then <50 km from home, then 150 km, this week whole state but no crossing borders to other states. It has cut down spread. All of Aussieland is encouraged to travel now especially as next is a long weekend (Queen’s birthday). [Aside: Cor blimey, she is fitter than I, or will I be riding in 18 years?] I don’t like subtitles as I want to watch facial expressions and what is happening in the background of the scene. Give me voice-overs please.

PAT – A tough day back on the course & starting with 18 holes. Well done for finishing, even if you were crawling home LOL.

Florida salad sounds good but glace cherries would make it too sweet for me. OH will frown; he dislikes any salad.

I have done a catch-up wash, everything that didn’t fit and wasn’t really important. A whole load. The misty rain came down as I headed for the outside line, now it is crammed in garage or on clothes horse under verandah. Guess what! The sun is shining now.

• Just a thought
    Change is not made without inconvenience, even from worse to better. (Richard Hooker (c1554-1600))