Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 31 May 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a good and safe week. 

• I hope the above doesn't make me sound selfish - I would know if they had real concerns, we communicate on a daily basis, no holds barred ...
  • Just in from the garden and have left this late again - don't think trying to catch up is a realistic idea any more, so will try to start afresh tomorrow - can't try to reply to remainder of old thread as well as this one. I also have several letters, emails and phone calls to catch up on. Still very pleased with OH's garden efforts this year.

So, all, I have enjoyed reading, but please imagine my suitable replies!
  • Hello all, and thanks for starting us off again Diane.

Watched the SpaceX take off and come into dock at the Space Station - another milestone

Watched the live Pentecostal service from Gorton Monastery this morning, quite uplifting. All done safely.

AQ - that crab apple tree is huge, plenty crab apple jelly then.

Dau back in school tomorrow - will have to see how it goes, I know she is a little apprehensive.

Beautiful day again but more cloud .
  • HEATHER – Your family, you tell ‘em. You ain’t old & decrepit yet. Seriously it is great they are so caring.

Your heat is so different to ours. Yours must be humid as well for low 20s to be unbearable. 20s is a pleasant day here,. When we have high temps, 30s & 40s, it is very dry heat. I shall never forget visiting London when it was 32 C and, I joke, 132% humidity. It was horrid. I found an a/c art gallery and studied every painting!

Our crabapple is looking a little thinner this morn after the overnight storm, wind, some rain. The back lawn is carpetted with yellow leaves. Beautiful. I am visiting Dau this morn. It is twins 6th birthday Thursday and Dau has managed to get some special gift that she knows they will enjoy. I need to collect (and pay for) while Trio are at school. This will add to the jigsaw & book I have for each. MissL has a tiny unicorn and MissJ a fish toy. None of them costing very much; not nice thinking how the manufacturers produce these things so cheaply.

• I’m not clever, I just don’t know how to be stupid.

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I’m right. (Ashleigh Brilliant)

There are two kinds of people who don’t say much: those who are quiet and those who talk a lot.

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

• Good Morning. Bright outside again. My OH is hanging on to every weather forecast, hoping for rain for the garden and allotment.

AQ, great quotes today. Hard to believe that the children are going to be six already. Lots of folks here now are tired of the continual sunshine, and of course this weekend there were lots of pictures of hordes heading for the coast: why the English didn't simply put a ban on going farther than ten miles from home, I don't know. Today, new measures come into play, and the littlies are back to school. Also people can meet in larger groups.

Had "salad" for lunch yesterday. I had cold chicken, tomatoes, Florida salad, cold sausage, cold new potatoes with mayonnaise, sweetcorn, small slice of strong Lancashire cheese, lettuce, sliced carrots. My OHs "salad" consisted of cold chicken and a tomato. When pressed, he added some of the potatoes....
    • Goodness! Quiet on here...

Another hot day. Just feeling battered and bruised, because I voiced an opinion on a TV programme on a forum where these things are discussed, and virtually got attacked just for saying something! Won't do that again in a hurry! (Tried to fight my corner and was told I'd got out of bed the wrong side....!)

Also, spent half an hour trying to rebook our cancelled holiday, for next September, to change it to the identical one in September 2021. After jumping through all the hoops and filling in the forms online, they wanted to charge an extra 100 pounds for 'Administration' My OH said "They can forget it!" so that's the end of that.
  • Cheered myself up by looking at my flowers. The white poppies came out this morning--- this is the first one:

(There will not be as many of these, this year, as someone with a tail flattened them when they were small, chasing the pigeons)

• These are the pink ones, which are so delicate and are a smaller plant than the others:

• Lindy - So sorry you were bullied on the forum. So unfair. We are all entitled to our opinions and everyone should respect that. I think that always happens on here! You could tell us your opinion … I'm sure we would respect it even if we didn't agree.

Just played my first round of golf since last September. I made the full eighteen holes, although I was nearly on my knees by the end. My lungs have not been exercised like that for a very long time! My 'home' course is reasonably flat - the one I played today wasn't! And they have nasty stuff like heather that grabs your ball and then hides it. I did manage to take the same ball round, and I actually managed a reasonable score. Just my lungs that struggled - and possibly some of the muscles will complain tomorrow … But it was really good to get out and do something. Thanks to my neighbour who invited me.