Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 May 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, healthy week!

• Thank you HEATHER & KATE. As OH had shared his wine sampling pack with me, I shared my mothers day cakes with him, not quite, he refused to try the pink one (his loss) and I only gave him ¾ of the chocolate one (as I had  to try it). Both lots of mousse-y filling, touches of blueberries, raspberry, apple slice. Yuuuuuum. He made no comment, I refuse to ask if he liked it, I’d rather not hear. His highest accolade usually being “not bad”.

• LINDA - thank you for you challenging but respectful response. I too watched the "Queen's address" last evening and was impressed by her forward-looking vision in contrast with some of the mawkishness I had heard earlier in the day.  Maybe the word "Commemoration" would have been a better replacement for "Celebration".

HEATHER - I am sorry you thought I was denying you right of reply, I was just saying I would not revisit the subject - and now I have, so, again, "end of" - from me.

Weather was supposed to bring us some rain yesterday - it kept feeling as if it might begin, but never happened. Now forecast for early evening today, but I suspect garden hose may be needed yet again!

• It was supposed to be raining all day here, but we are not long back from a lovely dry 1hr 20 dog walk.
  • Argh! -- Just wrote two paragraphs in response and its all gone! I must have pressed something on the keyboard. Ho hum, here we go again....

Good Morning, Just.   

Don't know what happened to me this morning, as I must have just got out of bed and flung myself straight into today's activities. Just spent a happy hour with my OH at the keyboard getting our house insurance updated with a new insurer and a new policy, as our previous one ran out yesterday (Oops!)

• Don't know what my OH would do without me, as its I who does all the spadework and inputting, as he doesn't even know how to switch a pc on. He found the new, technical world too puzzling when it all began, and seems to have decided that he is "too old" which is of course nonsense.

AQ Thank you for that snippet of your life, and your love for the youngsters which I'm sure is reciprocated many times over. Its creasing me every day that I cannot see and hug my youngsters, and no amount of pictures over the ether can make up for it.

OG, Of course, we all respect each others opinions and beliefs on here. We are all very different in many ways and we need to remember that. Nothing wrong in any of us voicing our opinions, though.

We will be getting out the garden hose as the garden is now looking decidedly thirsty, even though my OH gave all the important bits and the tubs etc a good soaking only 2 days ago. Its been a blaze of colour and this morning we had a quick cuppa sitting on the lawn and as I raised my cup I shouted "Oh!" - my OH thought that there was something wrong, but it was just me, being dramatic, as I was thrilled to see that one of my beloved poppies is already opening.
  • It was a special day yesterday, and we enjoyed it all - the coverage by the BBC has been excellent and HMQ made a suitable and short speech, which sounded even better when I heard it repeated once more. Our neighbours mostly got into the spirit of things and there were many decorated houses. As I drove down into the town for my weekly shop, I could see many flags and some of the houses must have been just as decorated as they could have been for a major event, such as a Coronation! All so cheerful in the sunshine we've been having.

We had a glass of Prosecco in the afternoon, which seemed very decadent - I don't drink usually during the day, because it sends me to sleep. Which it did, when my OH took Bonnie out for her afternoon exercise!! Only half an hour, but got the energy to cook our Fish & Chip dinner and then finish off the bottle in the evening.

Oh, and thank you to AQ for her great quote today.

• Gosh, I'm back again already as reading back through I can see that I've not mentioned Annettes bravery and generosity in helping her friend with a heavy problem. Hope you've not hurt your back with all that work, Annette, but it was very good of you to be so helpful to all concerned. Must be satisfying to think that its all done, now.

• Ditto from me, ANNETTE !
    I hope that you did, indeed, sleep well :-)
  • I too am full of admiration for ANNETTE, volunteering to help out and then doing most of the work herself. I hope you haven't done any damage with the lifting!
  • Pushing this thread up - can't have it down on page 3!

Still no rain - in fact today was probably our hottest so far - with perfect blue dome above. OH treated another fence panel and I sat in the garden. Lots of people said hello (from a safe distance) and one lady said she was going to the local convenience store and kindly asked did we need anything!

OH now has the hose on the garden yet again - can't rely on just "possible" rain at 4am tomorrow!  I never mind if it rains afterwards - always think the water we have used helps the rain to find its way down to the roots!