First day of a new month tomorrow - will the forums be incredibly slow?

Since the turn of the year the forums have been incredibly slow on the first day of each month (January to April). Will this trend continue tomorrow on the first day of May?  Answers on a postcard please. Ian

• I hope you get some sort of explanation Mike. Ian
  • Thanks Mike

It is ironic really, it is like we are being punished for complaining about the 1st day of each month, now it is every day. 

Maybe if every Member who uses the Forum on a regular basis send in an email of complaint they may take it seriously. 

For a Charity this size to not have the common courtesy to give an explanation of why this is happening and what they intend to do about it is not very professional.

It is a time when Charities are desperate for support, surely they should give the ones they already have a little bit of respect.   

Now I feel a bit better having got that off my chest LOL....

• I have just completed my phone call with HODP and one of her colleagues.
    There has been a free and frank discussion of the issues and each of them has seen your comments on this thread.
    There are many technical and communication issues which I am assured are currently being looked into so at this time all we can do is await further information.
    I am advised that, regretfully, this is not likely to be a quick fix.
    In the meantime I will keep you all abreast of any developments.
    What is important is that entries, such as MC's about the times of changes IE. OK from 10pm to 0229 then reverts to 2 minutes are recorded.
    I am sorry not to be the bearer of a more positive outcome but what I have received is an honest appraisal of the situation.
  • Thank you for your efforts, Mike. Clearly from what you've been told it's a bigger issue than one might have supposed. What I think is so disappointing is that no one from the web team has thought to post on the Forum about the problems. People are usually more tolerant and understanding if they are told what is going on.
  • Mike, I will like your comment to recognise your efforts with this. I don't think I will comment on the response you got other than that no technology issue should prevent communication (even a simple apology) with the forumites. I don't see in your summary that you received an apology for the situation, hopefully you did. Ian

• I have not used the forum for a couple of days but as I type it is taking over 2 mins to change pages just to catch up with 24 unread threads/post from the past couple of days. Trying to load a picture/post is taking just as long. Thought I would have a break from gardening today but am giving up now and going back to the garden.
  • Thanks for all your efforts MIKE This is tedious and disappointing Somebody should have been in touch with an apology and explanation, not wait for you/us to contact themAs MARY says not very professional
  • Mike B said:
    There has been a free and frank discussion of the issues and each of them has seen your comments on this thread.

Mike, I really appreciate your efforts, thank you. It's great that they have read our comments and encouraging that the issues are being looked at. I do, however, agree with the view that it would be good if someone from the RSPB could comment on these threads, in the way that Mrs T/Jess does when bad stuff happens. I don't think that would be asking too much

• Sterling effort by all (esp MIKE) - thank all