Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 April 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and stays healthy and safe!

• Lindybird:  That's my hat!  Seriously, it looks like it except mine has a string on it so it doesn't blow away. I bought it at Costco; it's made with 50 SPF fabric and is nice and cool. Thing is, I often forget to put it on.      

OG: That's interesting about good quality chocolate.  I'm in the habit of having just one of Trader Joe's wedges (dark choc and dark choc with caramel innards) each evening. It's really good and now I find the regular stuff (Hersheys/Nestles) tastes greasy and too sweet in comparison.  And I don't think Cadbury's is what it used to be.  My sister likes Green & Black (or something like that), but we don't see it here much.

Heather: Are they stopping people who are out exercising in your area?  

Must do paperwork this morning..... Got up very early and sprayed the Cecile Brunner rose with an organic spray that nevertheless advised to use three hours before any bees showed up.  Thing is, they don't see as interested in that rose as they do the salvia or other plants.

• ANNETTE - No stopping of people out for a daily walk. The fault is entirely mine! I feel so unmotivated that even gardening is unappealing. I must try harder :-)
  • HEATHER - stop beating yourself up over the way you feel! If you do feel like a wee walk, have a wee walk; if you feel like pulling a few weeds, then pull a few weeds; if you feel like a chat, phone a friend; if you feel like a good moan, come on here and moan; if you just want to curl up with a good book, do that. It really doesn't matter, just follow your impulses and please yourself!
  • Heather - I'm feeling unmotivated today as well, for pretty much the first time since this lockdown began. Probably a lot to do with the weather, as it's been raining almost non-stop most of the day. I've been trying to wind myself up, without a lot of success. I think the problem for me is that there is so much I want to do 'out there', but because there is no end date, no clue as to when we will be able to get back to whatever normal will be then, I can't actually plan anything. I'm missing seeing my family, particularly my great-nephew Charlie - it's his birthday soon, and a big party was planned, which of course won't happen. My sister and I speak via Skype occasionally, but it's not the same. The only time I've used my voice today is on a rather difficult 'pastoral' telephone conversation, and I haven't been out for my usual walk. But I'm trying not to be depressed - tomorrow is another day, and I can go out and do my laundry! Only just across the courtyard, but at least into the fresh air. And hopefully, if the rain stops, we will have our open air keep fit class, which always ends in giggles and a bit of social chat. AND - miracle of miracles - I have actually managed to get a grocery delivery slot for Saturday evening, so I can replenish my fridge without needing to venture outside. It's not all bad …!
  • The longer I stay at home
    The more homeless I look
  • My Alexa is in my bathroom so I can listen to my audiobooks while doing my hair. etc.......
    I'm sure if it ever did "listen in" it would have stopped listening by now!
  • Annette, this is my hat without me!!  I bought it at one of the big Garden Shows on a very hot day, when I said to my OH that I wished I'd brought a hat to wear, to keep the sun off. It's good because it has some thin wire or something in the brim, to keep the shape & it doesn't flop down.

• Bjane, I think you're very wise using your radio to listen to audio books. I'd love to listen to some, but never seem to have the time.

An odd thing happened this morning, seeing as we've been talking about Alexa listening to us. I was watching breakfast TV and getting myself dressed, in the bedroom. My mobile phone was on the bed. Suddenly I heard the phone speaking in a robotic voice ! I think it had heard something said on the TV and it was trying to respond to a request... goodness knows! Its unnerving.
  • OG - I'm beginning to wonder about cancelling it. Will take me years to save up for a whole garden makeover, probably have gone before it could be done. LOL Nevermind - see these garden makeovers and sigh. Patience I know, never my strong point. As to your chocolate addiction!!!! afraid I am the same but try and limit it to every other day - that is a chocolate peanuts or raisins at the moment.

Lindybird - fashion of the year for gardening.

Shared the 1mins silence - sitting.