Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 April 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and stays healthy and safe!

• Lindybird - love the lilac, waft some over the ethernet.

Another lovely day here, washing dry and airing ready to put away.

A day much the same as any other at the moment. Did go to the supermarket yesterday pm and walked straight in, items left off my shopping list wanted to get, which I managed to. It was nice to get out just for an hour.
    What will the coming weeks bring - a relaxation of the restrictions or not - we will have to wait and see.
    Dau has done a good job at clearing ivy under the leylandii but we now have a mountain of debris to put into the bin which is already full. A few more bin loads before it all goes I think.

AQ - nice to keep in touch with family. I text son and dau-in-law every now and again to see how they are. DIL recovering from coronavirus but I think is back at work tomorrow - been off over 3 weeks. She is one of those on the Frontline NHS staff at our local hospital.

Ooh - happy belated birthday to AQ and Anniversary to Dibinlib.
  • Thank you OG, ANNETTE, ROSY, LYNETTE for birthday wishes.

OG – The meat pie was delicious. Compliments to the chef (myself) LOL.

DIBNLIB – This week our crabapple has a few golden leaves. The nights are not quite cool enough yet.

ANNETTE – Much angst about the phone app. I can’t see a problem – if you are not misbehaving, what are you worrying about? Having said that, I’m not signing up as my phone is just a phone; it doesn’t know what an app is. It thinks it is very smart to be able to send texts!

ROSY – In Canberra people are asked to exercise clockwise around Lake Burley Griffen. While it doesn’t help with those exercising at different speeds, it does reduce face-to-face contact.

In our state we’ve had no new cases of virus in past 4 days. Traffic on our roads is low with people staying home except for essential travel. Alas, the idiots are out there speeding. One 18-year-old clocked at 180 kph on Port Rd (3 x speed limit). Worse, a speeding driver ran a red light, smashed into 2 cars, knocked down a fence wall, damaged a light pole and killed 2 women (one a top policewoman), injured others.

• Just a thought
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly. (Proverb)
  • I"m going to have to remember to tap the screen on the phone to get it to focus clearly.

AQ:  Wonder what kind of sentence that 18-year-old is facing.   Re phone app, Google and Apple have put a rush on their tracking device, which will also be voluntary.  Hope that virus trend continues downward.

Lynette:  Glad your DiL is okay; I do hope there's some kind of immunity for folks who were infected.   She and Boris will be back at work the same day.  

Kind of a mixed, low-energy and discombobulating day.  After much waffling, I ended up putting a complicated salad together for dinner but I really wasn't in the mood to futz in the kitchen: Managed to do everything in the wrong order, got sloppy with the mustard/yogurt/curry measurements, dropped various ingredients on the floor where I then unwittingly trod on them, making a bigger mess and finally, in a fit of getting dirty utensils out of the way quickly, opened the dishwasher door to pop them in only to find out it was in mid-cycle!   Arghhh.  Have had one small glass of wine so far and I see another on the horizon......or maybe 2.  I probably should have had one before I started!

Stay well all.

• AQ:

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! 

I hope you had a wonderful day. 

• Thank you DIANE. I hope you get your phone fixed soon or you may have to learn smoke signal language.

ANNETTE – The speedster gets six month instant loss of licence and his car impounded for 28 days. Automatic. I’d make it longer.

Sun is shining; Lawn Man has finished mowing; washing machine calling for me to hang out.

• Oh, folks. 

I will not  install any of those new tracking and tracing apps on my phone, whether voluntary or mandatory. 

It's chilling to even consider the repression and misery the current U.S. government could wreak with that level of personal data on every citizen. 

The United States needs to direct our resources toward developing a reliable vaccine, effective COVID-19 treatment, and widespread coronavirus testing, not Orwellian technology for a dystopian future.

• AQ; Surely the young man will also be facing a manslaughter charge given that two people were killed?
  • No ANNETTE, different hoon. The 18 year old was speeding, no crash. It was a separate incident with 20 yr old who killed the innocent motorists and he is still in hospital, so no charges yet.