Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 April 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and stays healthy and safe!

• Thank you, DIANE! I do hope that you can get your phone sorted x
    ROSY - that was a shock in more ways than one....a nasty experience.

• Decided to come in due to lack of sunshine and a cool breeze - s**'s law: the sun is now shining! OH is netting the second row of Peas, having also sown a couple of later Cucumbers, more carrots, radish and salad leaves. Less people out walking today - but sadly we are hearing more cars about in the evenings, we fear people are visiting friends after dark.
  • I would say the same is happening here, OG. I'm sorry to be a moaning Minnie but the two lovebirds were smooching again yesterday, him on their driveway and her inside with the window open. Four folk came out of two cars across the road and went into a house ( I sound
  •   Thank you for Anniversary wishes.  OH bought me a lovely bouquet of flowers yesterday and also a classy bottle of red to enjoy with our "stay at home" celebration lunch. We thoroughly enjoy it.

The good weather is on it's way out so unfortunately this will mean stay indoors for the next few days. I have added a pic f our crabapple tree which is always at it's best round our anniversary, The first pic is this year and the second last year.

• My landline phone rang, I mistakenly pressed Send so the end of my post should read that I sound like a curtain twitcher :-)
  • G'day all and happy birthday (more belated than most) to AQ.  That fagus tree is interesting - I was fascinated by the photo of a 'living' leaf beside the 40 million-year-old fossil.   Australia is a unique continent.   EDIT: Just saw on the BBC website that more than a million of you have downloaded the govts (voluntary) Covid tracker on your phones.  

dibnlib: Almost-as-late greetings to you too.  I like the sound of your b/day lunch and the crabapple tree! Thanks for reminding me how pretty they are.

Lindybird:  And lilac too - nothing compares to that fragrance.  It grows in the coastal regions of Washington and Oregon and, as with peony bouquets, costs a small fortune down here.

Spoke to my sister in Lincs just now; they are doing well and getting calls from the local council making sure they're okay plus someone in the village is keeping an eye out in case they need anything.  They don't seem to be having a problem getting food deliveries.

More sunshine here today. Yesterday I re-potted a Begonia that OH bought me some time back and moved it to a cooler location. Also a Kalanchoe (succulent) that was in a pot with other plants but apparently grabbing all the water and nutrients from the looks of its droopy companions.   Meanwhile, the four Carpenteria Californicas that I put in on the west side of the house under our lovely Chinese Elm are in bloom.  :-)   And here's a photo of one of our Iceberg rose bushes (it doesn't do it justice at all):

• Thanks everyone for all the kind comments about the book arrangement. It is very clever and I am pleased you enjoyed seeing it.

Also would like to say thanks for the lovely photos of the lilac, blossom and rose - all so beautiful and I bet they smell gorgeous. We really are being spoiled with great weather just now and I too am out in the garden enjoying this weather for we never know how long it will last.

I'll pop in again some time - BFN :-)

• Very belated birthday greetings to AQ.

It looks as if you had a good Anniversary day under present circumstances, Dibnlib. Congratulations.

Beautiful crabapple tree Dibnlib, and stunning iceberg rose, Annette.

We had our weekend social distanced neighbours gathering earlier in the garden. It was difficult to hear everything everyone was saying at the required distance, but I think I nodded at the right times!
    We were comparing the best places to walk without encountering too many joggers (running and talking two abreast).
  • Hope to see you again soon, Karen!

Dibnlib: Glad you enjoyed your celebrations. Congratulations on reaching a milestone!

Enjoyed everyone's posts & pics, thanks. Must get myself off to bed after an unusually busy Sunday!