Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 April 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and stays healthy and safe!

• Everyone check back to our prior thread to see the very clever meme that Karen posted! 

• DIBNLIB – Happy ruby anniversary to you & OH.

OG – Well done on getting church mag out. I appreciate contact from our parish in these strange times.

KAREN – And I thought librarians would be searching for missing books while without customers LOL.

ANNETTE - I see that if you lived in Alaska you could go out to dinner. A bit prem?

Sunshine today after almost an inch of rain overnight. Much too muddy to weed in our clayey soil.

Fagus, a deciduous beech, Aussieland's only native winter deciduous tree. I have never heard of it!

• A burglar is sneaking through this house one night, when out of the darkness comes a voice: “I can see you, and Jesus can, too.”

The burglar freezes in his tracks and is too frightened to move. He waits a few moments and nothing more happens, so he moves forward. Again from the darkness comes the voice: “I can see you, and Jesus can, too.” The burglar is petrified and too frightened to move a muscle.

After 30 minutes, he decides to do something. He backs very slowly and tentatively to the wall and feels around for a light switch. He switches on the light and there in front of him sits a cockatoo in a cage, who says, “I can see you, and Jesus can, too.”

Greatly relieved, the burglar sighs, “It’s just a cockatoo.”

The cockatoo looks at the burglar and says, “I might be just a cockatoo, but Jesus is a big Rottweiler.”

• Good Morning, and a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to AQ!! I should have come on last night, as Aus is ahead of us. Hope your day has gone well.

Also Happy Ruby Anniversary to both of you, Dibnlib, hope you can enjoy a good special meal, at least, and look forward to an exciting trip later.

Thanks to Diane for starting us off again. It's dry here, but cloudier and cooler as predicted. I must finish some gardening which I started yesterday.

• Many thanks to KAREN for the enjoyable books!! - very clever!!

It reminded me of a true story I heard two days ago, where a library in Suffolk found that the cleaner had decided to "tidy up" as well as give a thorough clean to everything, and put a lot of the books back neatly --- in order of size!!!!!!! LOL!!
  • For AQ!    Our lilac has just blossomed. The smell is divine.

• Thank you LINDA. I love the lilac; I haven’t seen any for years. We had a fragrant bush on the farm. It has been a quiet day. I forgot to shop for b-day treats when I last shopped 10 days ago, Must add some for next Wednesday! I extracted a homemade meat pie from freezer for tea. It was made for emergencies and me being lazy is definitely an emergency. OH remembered, Sis#1 phoned, Daus both texted and Dau2 will phone tonight.

• Belated Happy Birthday to AQ, and I hope DIBNLIB are enjoying their Anniversary. Thanks to DIANE for starting our week again. That book arrangement on the previous thread was very clever and yes, KAREN, I do remember your walk over the Queensferry crossing!

AQ - an inch of rain - that's good, isn't it, even if it prevents weeding? Loved the burglar story! Hope you enjoyed the meat pie!

LINDA - our weather is the same as yours today - possible sunny intervals later. Got to dead-head the Fritillaries now they have finished blooming - they were quite spectacular this year but we didn't remember to take a photo. Loved the Lilac blossom - was wondering about the one across the road, but can't see it right now as I've got the blind down against the brightness of the sky; must look after this.

J is ironing, OH is getting Sunday Lunch underway and I haven't done anything yet!
  • Thank you, DIANE! I do hope that you can get your phone sorted x
    ROSY - that was a shock in more ways than one....