Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 April 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL SUPER MOON!

The full super moon is the night of 7-8 April. 

I hope everyone stays healthy and has an easy week. Hang in there, folks! 

Here are some horses grazing Friday on the big sky prairie near Lafayette, Indiana, where I grew up. 

• OG - Radio 4 reminds me in the early morning, which is just as well...
  • I check with the computer to make sure I have the day and date correct.

So glad that Boris is improving.
  • OG - I like that - I've pinched it for the weekly news sheet tomorrow. I think we're all feeling a bit like that at the moment … although I agree with Heather, Radio 4 is very good at reminding me where I'm up to.

Wendy - So sorry to hear about the problems your daughter is experiencing. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and them. We are seeing all sorts of unexpected and unplanned-for circumstances which are having to be dealt with, and many vulnerable groups are really struggling.

All our local supermarkets are unable to deliver - slots are all full. I happened to be on one website last night when they put up one more day - but all slots were full when the date went up. How does that work? And it makes me wonder how vulnerable people living alone can cope.

It will be a shame tomorrow that we will not be able to do our normal Walk of Witness through the town. But some of you may be interested to know that Wintershall, the group that usually performs a Passion Play in Trafalgar Square on Good Friday, will be livestreaming their play at mid-day and again at 3.00pm. They will be on www.facebook.com/wintershallplay
  • Morning all:   We are having very English weather: Lots of gray sky and nonstop gentle rain that is expected to last all day, but fear I must go for a walk at some point or will be bouncing off the walls.   I missed Ms. D's 9th birthday because it was so close to Easter Sunday, when she was supposed to be baptized.  I was going there for that instead, but that's been put off until heaven knows when.

OG:  I knew yesterday was Wednesday because the trash truck goes past the house at 7 a.m., but that's about it.  All a bit odd.   Another worrying trait:  I've started eating two cookies after lunch instead of one... where will it end... :-)

PatO:  My sister, who's at very high risk, and her OH are in a tiny, tiny village.  They have a nearby relative and a neighbor who've shopped for them, but the other day they got an unsolicited and much appreciated box of food from the Council.  :-)

Take care all.

• Couldn't get on here earlier....

A busy day, we went to the shops & post office, which was much needed - the streets in our town were eerily quiet - but we were warned before we went that the main supermarket had huge queues so we avoided it by my OH driving the car and I jumped out to do my errands. Very few people in P. Office even though it's inside a food shop, so I picked up some bits on the way out.

Spent much of the day answering phone & online messages, plus rang my Friends OH who has been worried about his little dog - now out of danger & improving daily, glad to say. Had some kind of stomach inflammation.

Very tired again tonight - we spent so much time on phone that we had our meal hours late tonight, and had barely eaten it when it was time to go outside to clap our wonderful NHS and all the support workers. Did sit in the garden for a while at midday, as must make the most of the fine weather which I don't think will last.
  • Hi all. Managed a weekly shop at Asda. Went to our local Morrisons and the que was horrendous so made our way to our local Asda and although we queued we were in within a half hour. Not bad. Had a letter to say I was classed in the vulnerable list but looking at the conditions given mine wasn't there. Am going to be careful though and having written to Morrisons to say I can't get a delivery slot they informed me to ring and get through to their Vulnerable Adults section and they will see what they can do. Will try them tomorrow and see if I can't get a delivery for next week which would be a safer bet.

Weather down here has been gorgeous but I saw a flash on my screen to say that high winds had battered the nest at LOTL.

Did our bit at 8pm and went outside and clapped along with the neighbours , lovely to hear.

Hope you are all managing to stay safe and well. Have a happy Easter all.
  • Yesterday (or was it Thatday?) I noticed the leaves on my zucchini plant were going mouldy, a result of last weekend’s rain. Sadly for me, joyfully for OH, it is now in the green recycle bin. OH is not fond of zucchini, or any vegetable actually. I have tried various recipes. The most successful have been grating into mince, casseroles, etc and he didn’t notice. LOL

Today’s theme is birds:
    My favorite weather is bird-chirping weather. (Terri Guillemets)

I am not an Early Bird or a Night Owl. I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon. (Anon)

Parrot – A tie-dye chicken who screams actual words at you. (Anon)

If I could come back as anything - I'd be a bird, first, but definitely the command key is my second choice. (Nikki Giovanni)

There's an unseen force which lets birds know when you've just washed your car. (Denis Norden)

• Good Morning, & A Happy Easter to you All!!

• Love the quotes, AQ - esp the one about the Early Bird!!

Lynette, I think a lot of us are having problems getting food deliveries. As we are both fit people, but just getting older, we don't seem to qualify for anything special. Hope your family are doing OK.
  • Thank you ALL for pics, posts, quotes. Very much appreciated.
    Grandson Callum is going to collect some food today, from my doorstep to take to his Mum. He is staying with his girlfriend's parents. His Mum, my middle daughter, is asthmatic and his sister Amy has Type 1 diabetes so a bit housebound! This is the first time that Callum has done a trip like this but I think it is OK as he is taking stuff to vulnerable family.