Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 April 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL SUPER MOON!

The full super moon is the night of 7-8 April. 

I hope everyone stays healthy and has an easy week. Hang in there, folks! 

Here are some horses grazing Friday on the big sky prairie near Lafayette, Indiana, where I grew up. 

• No supermoon tonight. Clouds! It looked spectacular last night rising over neighbour’s house. Very pink but with a little bit missing.
  • Same here, AQ. The moon looked lovely for the past three or four nights, but on 'the night' the cloud covered it completely. Never mind - try again next month!
  • Sorry, should have been to HEATHER.
  • love those quotes, esp the last.
  • Good afternoon on a beautiful blue-sky sunny day – we have so mush to be thankful for!

Not sure when I last posted, but lots to read since then. All I clearly remember is Linda’s wee Rosie – turning into a lovely little girl already.

Gardening continues here. Monday we sowed seeds under glass, yesterday sowed a row of peas, and digging continued to finish that veg patch – just 2 sq metres to do in veg border. Today OH is using the scarifier on the grass – loads of mossy “thatch”.

J has taken to having his exercise here in the garden – ten circuits of the house and also working with weights.

I am fielding emails and phonecalls – also received a very useful box of groceries from Morrisons.
  • Just back from shopping.  Trader Joe's is being very strict about numbers of people in store; this morning they were also asking us to do a one-way circuit as much as possible to avoid back ups in the aisles plus they had us stand way back from the registers and only approach to insert credit cards, grab the bagged items in the cart and head out the door.

Poured last night with apparently more to come tonight and tomorrow?  We have a revolving low pressure system overhead which is loathe to move on, but come on, this is California and it's April already.  :-)

OG: Good for J and his exercise.  It's so easy to get lazy with so much time at home.

Lindybird:  I 'liked' your pix but must say Rosie certainly is a sweetie.  She's got a pretty little smile that's contagious.  

Lynette:  SO much advice is designed for one-size-fits-all, except it doesn't.  I'm really thankful we have a garden and lots of places to walk.  I see that Paris has decreed no outdoor exercise! Even with a garden, I'd have a hard time with that, but yes, what about all those poor people stuck in apartments, etc., without even a veranda....   Re 'one size fits all' I've noticed they no longer put that on clothing labels; instead it's 'one size fits most' - and I'm not one of the 'most.'

Off to snatch a walk before the sky darkens again.... doubt we'll see the moon tonight.

Take care everyone.

• One very worried Mum here..,
    Youngest and her 8 Aspergers students are on complete lockdown as a member of her staffs partner has suspected Covid 19.
    Students are stressed as they have not seen their family for so long now.
    Need to give her a big big hug :-((
  • Big hugs too from me Wendy. It must be stressful for those with learning difficulties to come to terms with what a crazy world we live in at present. Reassurance is all one can give them, that they will see their families in due course.
    Hope it works out for your youngest and her charges. Dau is a TA and works with those with learning difficulties. Obviously schools are closed at present but have to stay open to provide for vulnerable children.
  • Wendyb:   A stressful situation for everyone, especially with the challenges already facing the students/families.  Is this a two-week quarantine and Is daughter with the students or are they separated?   At least she can contact you so you can send virtual hugs (not the same I know).  Hope the kids have some access to their families.  Easy for us to say, but try not to worry too much. Hugs to you!

• WENDY – {{{HUGS}}} A worrying time for you, your Dau & students.

Our days remain fine, low 20s, but the nights are cooling. The spare room is the coolest in the house & I noticed this morn when I woke that it was 10 C. Also my aging duna getting rather thin. I leave the blind up and I quite liked looking at the stars at first, now it is cloudy most nights. Daylight saving is over and sunrise is “normal”. Before the change, sunrise was later in March than in winter. For some curious reason our meridian for time zone was set in neighbouring state of Victoria, hence we are ½ hour behind eastern states. With some states not suffering daylight saving, Aussieland has 5 time zones in summer instead of usual 3. Portillo was bemused to find he had to change his watch when travelling north from NSW to QLD. (QLD does not change clocks.). This month our TV is showing Portillo in Canada.