LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

------------------------------------------

1st Egg Laid - 19.04.20 @ 17.59 - Hatched 26.05.20 @ 10.25 hrs

2nd Egg Laid - 22.04.20 @ 12.03 - Hatched 28.05.20 @ 0600 hrs

3rd Egg Laid - 25.04.20 @ 08.50 - Hatched 30.05.20 @ before 0700 hrs

ALL 3 CHICKS WERE RINGED ON 4TH JULY - ALL BELIEVED TO BE MALE - RING NUMBERS 550, 551 AND 552

WHEN POSTING SCREEN CAPTURES FROM THE CLYWEDOG NEST CAN YOU PLEASE ADD THE FOLLOWING COPYRIGHT LOGO

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

• Yikes, AG!  Thanks for the update, I think!

I've gone back and I think the car knew exactly what it was doing and where it was going.  It turned to the top track on the right, with no hesitation.  Slowed down at the side of the screen and stopped for a few seconds, which seemed like a life-time, before leaving the area.

I think this is Dylan, who knew for a good minute or two that something strange was occurring.  He was looking very alert, and around him

He took flight

AFter he had flown I noticed a bird coming from the trees.  The car coming from the top left

The car stopped.  Did the driver know the camera was there, and assumed it was out of sight?  Or admiring the view?

Dylan returned

But was not a happy bunny

Dylan left the nest about ten minutes later, still looking around, but settled to incubate again.

11.35  5F returned and started to preen!  Was she unaware of the incident?  Or had she been for a dip?

It seems life is back to normal!

11.40 5F has flown and leaves Dylan incubating.

13.04 She returned with a chirrup and a lump of something

13.05 Dylan flew off and 5F incubated.

14.33 She checked the eggs and settles again.

The timeline will speak for itself.

YouTube chat only goes back to 12.55 for me:

"12:55 PMPaul GreenwoodI have just looked at the vehicle entry and exit. On the way foliage in the back? and on the way out a hardtop on the back. So where they dumping stuff and/ or different vehicle on exit?
    1:10 PMJohn Williams  watched it all back Paul, same vehicle in entry and exit, wasn't carrying any foliage."

© Llyn Cywedog Ospreys Natural Resources Wales/Carnyx

• 14.11 Dylan returned with a stick, 5F was expecting something more. He flew off to the right.
  • LOL I've just realised that I'm watching in retrospect! 14.14 on the cam screen, 15.01 in reality.
    So at 14.14 Dylan brought another piece of bark and trampled over her. She left and Dylan incubated.
    Latest: 5F is incubating.
  • Dylan has just done a fly pass, on the left! Is the lake down there?
  • Hmm, it looks as though it might not have been Dylan

2:58 PMJohn Williams  intruder

2:58 PMJohn Williams  Dylan off to chase

5F is looking in the skies above quite intently, then back to preening.
    Edit: re the intruding vehicle, John Williams said 4:55   I don't believe they were interested in the ospreys.    
  • Sheila yes the reservoir is to the left of the camera shot.
  • Thank you AG. So our view is parallel to it. So It;s not far for Dylan to go fishing, which is excellent.
  • Brilliant AG and Sheila . Thank you very much. A bit disturbing about the  4x4 !  I wonder how  it was dealt with. First LoTL and now here with human nuisance. Dare I say it : go back to work  for crying out loud .

• We had people walking under the nest in Poole as well, which is on private land.
  • I think this is the second time humans have got too close to the nest. The first one had two people wandering on the tracks! John put up more 'no entry' signs which of course people just blatantly ignore without realising the consequences. Grrrr