MRS T.

Long serving members will remember 'our' former moderator Claire, better known as Mrs T.

I checked in with her today and she is keeping well and enjoying long walks with her dog.

She had been working at a Dog Day care centre but that unfortunately has closed due to the current crisis.

I've wished her and hubby Steve well on behalf of all of us.

• Valerie D said:
    So who is the moderator now , anyone know

PM me. I can tell you why these changes happened to this RSPB Forum.

• Thank you Ian much appreciate your answer
  • Valerie D said:
    Thank you Ian much appreciate your answer

I’ve requested your friendship on these forums. So I can give you some answers.

• Mrs T was a wonderful Moderator, totally fair and polite when required, with a sense of humour and thoroughly enjoyed joining in on reporting action on the LG nest. I am delighted to hear she is well and enjoying life. Take care Mrs T, you are missed - although we are good here, and rarely needed your stick!

• Unknown said:

I do remember every year late in the evening during the period that Springwatch was broadcast on BBC 2 for 3 weeks. Mrs T used to have a fun poll every evening that Springwatch was broadcast with 4-6 items to pick from, from what you thought was the most interesting item from Springwatch that evening. That will give more recent forum members on how the moderators involved themselves in this forum and not just there to take action on spam or abusive posts, which happen very rarely with abusive posts on this forum. But the moderators used to post there photos in to this forum and regularly joined in the discussions on this forum. Also Mrs T would go and enquire higher up at the lodge if anyone including myself to try and get answer to anyone’s query about the RSPB. On one occasion I did ask Mrs T if at the RSPB’s headquarters The Lodge if the big house or mansion where the staff work at the RSPB Lodge ever had open days at weekends to look round that big house or mansion and Mrs T went to enquire about that. Mrs T came back with a reply and the RSPB headquarters The Lodge and the house or mansion do have one or two open days of the house or mansion every year led by someone who knows about the history of the house. I think you had to book in advance and used to be mentioned when these open days took place on The RSPB’s blog about The Lodge reserve. I don’t know whether those open days still take place at the RSPB headquarters.

Sadly, much has changed at the RSPB that is obvious to even we laymen.