MRS T.

Long serving members will remember 'our' former moderator Claire, better known as Mrs T.

I checked in with her today and she is keeping well and enjoying long walks with her dog.

She had been working at a Dog Day care centre but that unfortunately has closed due to the current crisis.

I've wished her and hubby Steve well on behalf of all of us.

• Yes, thanks for the news. . Glad to hear Mrs T is well. Hope dog home centres everywhere are still able to care for the pooches
  • Yes thanks MIKE Agree with CIRRUS's comment too
  • Hopefully Thomo sees this thread, he often refers to the moderating skills of MrsT. Ian
  • Ian S said:
    Hopefully Thomo sees this thread, he often refers to the moderating skills of MrsT. Ian

Thanks for the news Mike and I’ve just seen this thread. Those where the days when Mrs T(Claire) and the other moderators and led by Mrs T would regularly post on the RSPB Community Forum in the evenings and at weekends as well as the normal working hours Monday-Friday even when they weren’t at work. They where very enjoyable days on this forum. You could even email Mrs T direct at the RSPB The Lodge. Glad to hear that Mrs T (Claire) is still very well.

Regards,

Ian.

• That's good news, Mike. Thanks for letting us know. :-)
  • Thank you for the good news re MrsT and hubby and dog, ever-thoughtful MIKE :-*

IMAGICAT

• I do remember every year late in the evening during the period that Springwatch was broadcast on BBC 2 for 3 weeks. Mrs T used to have a fun poll every evening that Springwatch was broadcast with 4-6 items to pick from, from what you thought was the most interesting item from Springwatch that evening. That will give more recent forum members on how the moderators involved themselves in this forum and not just there to take action on spam or abusive posts, which happen very rarely with abusive posts on this forum. But the moderators used to post there photos in to this forum and regularly joined in the discussions on this forum. Also Mrs T would go and enquire higher up at the lodge if anyone including myself to try and get answer to anyone’s query about the RSPB. On one occasion I did ask Mrs T if at the RSPB’s headquarters The Lodge if the big house or mansion where the staff work at the RSPB Lodge ever had open days at weekends to look round that big house or mansion and Mrs T went to enquire about that. Mrs T came back with a reply and the RSPB headquarters The Lodge and the house or mansion do have one or two open days of the house or mansion every year led by someone who knows about the history of the house. I think you had to book in advance and used to be mentioned when these open days took place on The RSPB’s blog about The Lodge reserve. I don’t know whether those open days still take place at the RSPB headquarters.

Regards,

Ian.

• So who is the moderator now , anyone know

Valerie

• Valerie D said:
    So who is the moderator now , anyone know

That is a very good question. Because of a number of things happening at the RSPB, the moderation of these forums should I say has changed. I won’t use any other harsh words. There used to be lots of moderators posting on these forums, but quite a few years of passed since then and sadly the situation has changed for various reasons and very very rarely will we see any moderators post now on these forums. I won’t go about how I feel about the present situation as that has been discussed before. Another thing is about the new look forum after a number of supposedly upgrades for the better over the last 5-6 years which has not been easy for any of us on these forums.

Regards,

Ian.