Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 March 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a good week and stays healthy. Sending you all protective energy!

• Talking of chemists , our local one is now only allowing one person in at a time and must be so far away from the counter, these are the times now, but it hopefully won't last for too long. Keep on smiling through adversity etc.
  • Lynette - That's quite a shiner. Hope it's not too painful, and that it heals soon.
  • Good Morning. A frost on the lawn, here, but the sun is now out.

Lynette, oh dear. Do be careful. Not had time to read back yet to see how you got that shiner, but hope it wasn't in a fight over toilet rolls, and it's less painful now.

Meant to say that our inter city train back yesterday was almost empty: we sat in a carriage with only one other passenger, and he sat at the back of the carriage and we sat near the front. Plenty of room for us with our two big suitcases, two small cases and a bag of drinks and biscuits!  (Edit -  I was very glad that a couple of years ago we had invested in the easy to roll type big cases!)

Tired last night after lots of messages, texts and phone calls, catching up. Have yet to go and see how many emails waiting for me on our desktop!

• Hello all
    It's been a busy day today, phone hot.
    I'll try and get back here later, regards to all..
  • Very busy here, too: lots to catch up on. Been trying to register myself & place an order with Tesco as we will eventually run out of things. Horrified to realise that there's a 3 week wait!

May have to take up an offer from a girl we dont know in the next street, who left a note on the mat offering help to anyone who is stuck at home.

Two lots of laundry dry already. 3rd lot just gone on the line. There'll be no escape from the dreaded ironing later!
    My OH went back to his allotment (he sees no one there) and dug in all of his seed potatoes. At least they may grow with the help of the rain. He will try to grow some green beans in the garden where we can tend them. Probably no peas or tomatoes this year :-(
  • Lindy - Be careful of people who put notes through the door. She may be absolutely fine, and one of the good ones. But several people are getting caught by fraudsters who take the order - and the money - and are never seen again. Just a warning … And you were lucky to get a delivery slot in three weeks - all our local supermarkets are not accepting any orders for delivery or Click and Collect. And for my expected order on Wednesday I have already been told more than half the items I have ordered are out of stock. What is an 'elderly person with underlying health problems' supposed to do?????

Hope everyone is bearing up. At least the sun's shining ...
  • Cold windy day and even the dogs have self isolated by going in and out garden....
    Yesterday I cleaned large fridge ( lovely sparkly shelves) moved oven and scrubbed kitchen floor...
    Today I cleaned the oven and brutally cleared out kitchen store cupboards and binned anything out of date...
    Can’t wait to get into garden but ground still frozen....
    Good luck with the on line lottery that is food shopping. Have done it for years so I quickly booked a rolling slot with ASDA and I have the next 4 Saturdays with Tesco. Can always cancel slot if not needed. I know OH is younger than me but if I send him out it totally defeats the object that is self isolation .
  • Pat & Wendy - Filled in my order but didnt send it as couldn't actually see any delivery slots left! Now not sure what to do - will their computer remember what I had on the list, later?

We know the girl by sight, slightly, who put the note through the door. Actually, I just broke my own rule by going out with a scarf around my face and running around our local small shop, grabbing things as if in a TV contest! No eggs! But they do have toilet rolls here, although ironically I have lots of those, I always keep plenty in. So tonight we can have a nice piece of salmon, and we have some green veg and tomatoes. Bought basic s like sugar and flour.
  • Good afternoon, ALL. Have been out in the garden – mostly sitting to supervise but included some walking around as well – first this year!

Our lovely hairdresser phoned this morning – she is mostly staying indoors with her son, except for trying to help her mother who is in poor health, so she has cancelled our appointment next week However she did offer to get shopping if we decide OH can’t go out – lovely young lady, as I said. Dentist phoned to cancel my appt 8th April. Still waiting to hear from podiatrist – I hope she can come next week as some of my toes need treatment, but she does have a young baby.

OH went to Tesco this morning at Seniors’ hour. Got most of what we needed, although veg quantities are getting difficult as being sold in bags, not so many loose as usual. He was given a free bunch of flowers as flower sales were low for Mothering Sunday this year. I did see someone suggest “Give your mother a toilet roll”! Talking of which, he went to Aldi for a butternut squash as Tesco had none and happened upon packs of 24 toilet rolls – not our usual brand but good enough for their purpose.

J has been studying, finished a second module of the Dyslexia course and printed out his certificate. He is now taking a break while feeling very pleased with himself.

Had a lovely letter from GDau#2 – beautiful handwriting, well thought out and very kind and caring. Midwifery placements are cancelled next term, so she reckons the course may have to be extended for them to reach the target time spent and number of births in the three year course – she is in year two.