Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 March 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a good week and stays healthy. Sending you all protective energy!

• Diane - Thank you for the link to Jigsaw Planet. I'm hooked already! And I thought one of my aims was to cut down on screen time … !!
  • Shocking stories on the internet of verbal abuse and arguments. Everyone just has to use their commonsense, but sadly this is often lacking.
  • ANNETTE – I believe there are currently two coal-fuelled Clyde Puffers still on the water and a third being restored – the others have diesel engines now. Most are not Clyde-built – they are the VIC (victualling) boats constructed to the Scottish pattern in a few English boatyards during WW2.

DIBNLIB – we have been told by our pharmacist at local Boots to allow an extra day for processing prescriptions from the doctor. There was one item they couldn’t get for me – said even the manufacturer had run out – but we got it at Lloyds! J received an appt in May at eye clinic (still at the old hospital) but then a phonecall the next day to cancel it.

At least the virus isn’t keeping the Ospreys away – at least 3 arrivals today – including “our” Black 80 at Threave!
  • Pat O said:
    Diane - Thank you for the link to Jigsaw Planet. I'm hooked already! And I thought one of my aims was to cut down on screen time … !!

and look out for ones that have rotating pieces...really challenging. When I first saw that,

I had Two similar corner pieces and thought they had made a mistake, till I read that you use your key board arrows to turn...

I also love how you can choose the number of pieces, 

So yes

Thank you Diane,like you I have been doing them for several years.

• Sounds similar to one I started doing when I got my tablet a few years ago. Never seem to have time to do them, now!

I've always loved the Puffers! Great little boats.

More about our adventures tomorrow. We both feel lots better for our bit of sea air, and my OH is 99% over his awful head cold - it's taken weeks.
  • OG – It must a sign of the times we live in – when I saw your mention of Clyde Puffers, I assumed it was some brand of asthma medication. Further discussion has enlightened me, now I shall Google them.

• LOL, AQ!!!

Tired and in bed. Two long days but nice to be home after our travels. As we pulled into Manchester on the train, the train guard came on the on air announcements to say "As we are not going to Liverpool today, which is on the timetable but is being cancelled due to our delay, folks, this really is The End of The Line!!"
  • AQ:  Haha.  I though Clyde Puffers were at best obscure an culinary offering from north of the border (like Cranachan or Haggis) or some new e-cigarette.

• Hi, Thanks Annette for starting us off and for Diane for the link for Jigsaws.    I can see myself doing some in time.

OG - forgot to mention yesterday, thanks for news of George, glad to hear all is OK with him.

Yes it was a shiner,   Dau dressed it when we got home, I didn't want the paramedics, just wanted to get home.   Steristripped it yesterday, swelling going down, photo to follow.

Glad to hear Lindybird is back, must be a relief..

As no church now, minister has decided to podcast a short sermon each week with a weekly letter from our secretary keeping us all up to date.

Just wish we'd hear from the travel operator that holiday is cancelled, prefer not to go with restrictions in place but don't want to cancel ourselves as I don't think insurance will cover it. No doubt we will hear something this week.

just to prove it happened.

• Lovely to hear that the ospreys are back and more arriving all the time. Let's hope we get some on the LG nest this year.