Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 March 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a good week and stays healthy. Sending you all protective energy!

• Harelady: Hmmm. Sorry about that. Try this link. It's the official Dept. of Natural Resources link. It's the first video on that page. 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/prophetstownsp/

• Flowers again:  a new double petal daffodil I planted in a pot

• Good, that posted. Now to try one of Bonnie "helping" in the garden this morning.

Sadly, she has found a nest low down on one of our bushes- dont give much for the chances of the chicks if they fledge when she's in the garden! Will have to keep an eye on her activities.

• LINDY What a beauty she is, do hope you manage to keep her occupied when chicks fledge.

An 93 year old lady round the corner died 10 days ago. A couple who live round the corner the other way are going to take her cat and we have been watching them trying to encourage Jimmy the cat round to their house. They have been feeding Jimmy since the lady went into hospital. They were thrilled when Jimmy entered their house and lay on the settee with them watching tv but first thing in the morning Jimmy wanted to return to his old home. It will take time but I do hope Jimmy will realise soon that he has a new and loving home.
  • dibnlib - A heart-warming story about Jimmy the cat. I'm sure he will soon realise where his new home is. Cats usually choose the best option for themselves - and wherever the food and love is will tempt him soon enough. So pleased Jimmy has found people who want to give him a good home.

Smile of the day. I have a grocery order coming this evening, hopefully. Got an e-mail this morning saying that unfortunately there are six substitutes. Five of them are fine. The sixth most certainly isn't!!! Instead of frozen mixed vegetables they are sending four cans of Coca-Cola. Can anyone explain how this is a sensible substitute? The Coca=Cola will, of course, be returned with the driver - I have never touched the stuff and don't intend to start now. But it has given me - and several friends - a laugh in this time of not a lot of fun.
  • Thanks. to all ,for uplifting stories and info.
    I've been engaged again in business discussions with my son and none of it is very uplifting ! Feeling a bit wiped out so will beg your indulgence as I try to clear my mind..
  • The Coca-Cola didn't arrive, but the mixed vegetables did! I was quite looking forward to an interesting conversation with the delivery chap … but the vegetables will be far more appreciated!
  • Sorry, I've done it again! 3 hours in the garden this afternoon and it's wiped me out - I actually trimmed and tidied the Fuchsias and Geraniums myself - unfortunately found greenfly on Fuchsias.

Thanks for all the posts - and stay safe!.
  • Lovely story of the cat, dibnlib. Wish I could have him- -- I do so miss having a cat around the house.

Heather, I've got my fingers crossed that everything will work out for your son. He sounds a sensible chap (must take after his mother....)

We've been busy and my OH has cut down last year's buddlhea bush (spelling?) and trimmed the lawn edges. He planted some green beans in pots for transferring straight into the ground later on. I did more laundry (where does it all come from?) and sorted stuff out which has to be tidied away ready for another holiday, sometime. Then instead of attacking my ironing pile, I fell asleep in the conservatory and slept for over an hour, I suppose I needed it.

Our children are asking what my OH would like for his birthday on Sunday, so they can post it. Mostly he names books he'd like, as since we retiured he