BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2020

All the history of Balgavies Loch Ospreys can be found at the beginning of the 2019 thread.

BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2019

Links to all other Seasons

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2018

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2017

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2016

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2015

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2014

This was one of my last posts on the very sad 2019 Season which is a summary of what happened. 

All we can hope for is that the unringed female returns and also the male KR3 she was bonding with last season.   There is still a little part of me that hopes to see the return of Green BF though.

Quote posted 29 Aug 2019 11:11 PM

Darren has posted a tribute to Green BF on the Balgavies Loch Facebook Page

The loss of both EJ and Green BF has been a blow this season.   All we can hope for is a better season next year. 

A lovely post by Darren and his wife. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Some wonderful photos of Green BF from Darren - Green BF was such a great provider, watched him bring in a good few fish. 

Farewell dear Green BF, you did good son!    the really sad thing is the not knowing what happened to him, we never get closure.     One little part of me cannot let go so next year in the Balgavies hide I will be waiting for a miracle!   

COPYRIGHT DARREN DAWSON

Un-Quote

It is great to see all the threads already started by everyone for the various projects/nests, lets hope all our pairs arrive home safely and it is a good season for them all.       

• Always happy to get news of Blue YD
  • Ian S said:

There is a white tailed eagle nest at Tentsmuir which is nearby, I suppose there could also be an osprey nest though I haven't heard of one. Ian

——————————————OOOOOOOOOO————————————

That’s interesting Ian, and there may just be a nest in Tentsmuir, although Darren regularly visits Morton Lochs and I think there would have been talk if there had been any nest in Tentsmuir.  

• Just passing on a plea for help on a thread I read earlier and I wondered if there is anyone up there in Scotland likely to be going to Loch Garten soon, who might be able to help a distressed person who posted today that she lost a bracelet on Friday, very likely at Loch Garten, possibly in the car park, although they did walk around as well. Have a look at the 'Wildlife--All creatures' thread or scroll down the main page for her post--sorry, not sure about the link: community.rspb.org.uk/.../1317810
  • Hi Ann 

Your link did work, if it had been last month I could have gone to have a look for the bracelet, as I was up for my usual two weeks in July.   Do you know if she has contacted RSPB at all, to see if they could check the car park.   

Forest Lodge Phone Number

• Hi Mary, Kork has posted on the original thread that he has spoken to a friend in RSPB, who works near there.
  • Thanks, Mary. Korky has posted that she has contacted an RSPB worker in the LG area (she did not say who) which is great. The only person I could think of quickly was Jess so I sent her a PM but I do not even know if Jess is still working at LG or for the RSPB! With any luck someone who is near LG will see one of these posts or the lost bracelet information will be passed on to a likely person who can help. We may have to wait awhile.
  • You beat me to it, Catlady! I was probably reading Korky's post as you were posting here!

Edit:  Apologies to Korky if you are a 'he' and not a 'she' as I had presumed--sorry!

• MaryGK said:

Ian S said:

There is a white tailed eagle nest at Tentsmuir which is nearby, I suppose there could also be an osprey nest though I haven't heard of one. Ian

——————————————OOOOOOOOOO————————————

That’s interesting Ian, and there may just be a nest in Tentsmuir, although Darren regularly visits Morton Lochs and I think there would have been talk if there had been any nest in Tentsmuir.  

Confirmation that the WTE nest continues to succeed, see link below. Ian

community.rspb.org.uk/.../fife-welcomes-a-new-white-tailed-sea-eaglet

• quote user="Ian S"]

Confirmation that the WTE nest continues to succeed, see link below. Ian

community.rspb.org.uk/.../fife-welcomes-a-new-white-tailed-sea-eaglet

------------------------------oooooooooooooooooo------------------------------------

Thanks for posting Ian that is great news indeed.    I usually spend around 2 weeks in Fife every year but have yet to see a WTE, however last week I had 3 different sightings up in Wester Ross, it never ceases to amaze and thrill me when I see one soaring in the sky, they seem to glide so elegantly and really do have wings like barn doors Smiley