BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2020

All the history of Balgavies Loch Ospreys can be found at the beginning of the 2019 thread.

BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2019

Links to all other Seasons

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2018

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2017

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2016

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2015

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2014

This was one of my last posts on the very sad 2019 Season which is a summary of what happened. 

All we can hope for is that the unringed female returns and also the male KR3 she was bonding with last season.   There is still a little part of me that hopes to see the return of Green BF though.

Quote posted 29 Aug 2019 11:11 PM

Darren has posted a tribute to Green BF on the Balgavies Loch Facebook Page

The loss of both EJ and Green BF has been a blow this season.   All we can hope for is a better season next year. 

A lovely post by Darren and his wife. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Some wonderful photos of Green BF from Darren - Green BF was such a great provider, watched him bring in a good few fish. 

Farewell dear Green BF, you did good son!    the really sad thing is the not knowing what happened to him, we never get closure.     One little part of me cannot let go so next year in the Balgavies hide I will be waiting for a miracle!   

COPYRIGHT DARREN DAWSON

Un-Quote

It is great to see all the threads already started by everyone for the various projects/nests, lets hope all our pairs arrive home safely and it is a good season for them all.       

• Darren was at the Loch last night, still no sign of a chick yet!   Not giving up hope yet though.

He did send me some fabulous photos - agree Karen they are all stunner's, it is so generous of him as always to share them with us.  

KR3 had a pike which he got from Roscobie loch next door to Balgavies - which is a loch stocked for fishers - who both fish from the side and out in boats. 

It does intrigue me - these are the some of best Osprey photos (that have been so generously shared) you will see on these Forum threads (not taken at a Fish Farm/photography venue) and yet so many don't even bother to look at them. Sob

• Fabulous photos yet again, Mary. I trust you will convey our thanks to Darren and hope he does a calendar!
  • Darren was at the loch last night again, I think he is as desperate to report seeing a chick as I am about hearing the good news from him Smiley - Sorry still no chicks to report

He did send more wonderful photos taken last night. 

For anyone who knows the Loch I believe these were taken from the North side path 

I love this photo of KR3 breaking the branches off the tree - Ospreys are soooo amazing birds Smiley

Thank You Ann - Hopefully Darren will do another calendar, as I know he donates all the money to charities he supports.  

© DARREN DAWSON

• Stunning photos Mary, especially when on full zoom, the details are amazing. Thanks for sharing. Hope there will be babies soon?
  • It would appear it is a week since I looked in on this thread, how did that happen :) I have now viewed all of Darren's wonderful photos, they really are amazing. Thank you Darren & Mary!
  • Still no news of a chick yet, although Darren hasn't been to loch last couple of days. 

He sent me some more of his fab photos. 

He also let me see a portrait that his wife had commissioned for him - it looks like its done in pastels, but not sure.   

• Thank you for sharing, Mary, stunning photos as always from Darren!

Gosh, such a very talented artist. I love the fact that Green BF's ring number stands out from the picture. Darren must be thrilled Slight smile

• Darren was at the Loch again last night, still no sign of a chick.  

I think if none seen by this time next week I will have to accept another year of no chicks at Balgavies. Sob   Although if female or male usually on the nest would mean there are still eggs to incubate.   Of course they may not be viable.    Time will tell. 

He did send some more fab photos though Smiley

You can see the midgies in this photo.   

I love this one, a Reed Bunting - you can see an insect just below the flower 

I am not too sure about this one though - maybe a young Wagtail ?

© DARREN DAWSON

• SOME GREAT NEWS BLUE YD WAS SIGHTED NOT FAR FROM BALGAVIES YESTERDAY

It is wonderful to know he is still around.   

Balgavies tagged chick 2012