Loch Garten webcams.

I’ve a bit of disappointing news after a reply to my email from Loch Garten. The Loch Garten webcams will remain down and offline and won’t be back online until at least April at the earliest. So whether that will affect the Loch Garten Osprey nest webcam, I don’t know. But it seems April will be the earliest that the webcams will be back live and online.

• For those who are nostalgic, like me, and haven't seen it yet, you might light to have a peek at: .

No idea if this will be a hyperlink or not. Que, sera, sera. 

• Unknown said:
    Lovely blog thanks Ian. I see reference to Bynack, who if I'm remembering correctly was one of the noisiest ospreys there's been. Sadly, no more I think

--------------------------------------------------------

Yes Bynack's noise level was mega decibels Korky - I used to call him wee Screechy LOL.... 

Can we really say any Osprey who hasn't been sighted as having returned is no more though, it is a big place out there and not all will be sighted, there has been many thought lost but then turned up after many years, I have never given up hope of one of EJ's chicks turning up at some point. ThumbsupFingers crossedFingers crossedGrinning

• It's very strange and sad, not having the LG DU as a focal point of the LG forums :'(
  • Thank you Korky.  Many congratulations RD for 60 years with ospreys.  

I love this piece from his blog -

Early this morning, on my laptop, courtesy of a webcam, I watched the female on a nest at Poole Harbour. Reminding me of the male at the Loch Garten nest in April 1960, she was staring up into the skies looking for her mate, hopefully the male which she met last summer, coming in en route from West Africa. He’s a bird we translocated from the Scottish population to Poole Harbour in 2017; she, in turn, is descended from ospreys moved to Rutland Water from nests in northern Scotland.

Once we get an all clear and are free again to travel, I’ll make a pilgrimage to that special Scots pine at Loch Garten.

• Thank you KORKY What a moving blog Congratulations to RD for his annivversary and for all his fantastic work

What an amazing coincidence that ALISON was saying this morning that it was on the *th April last year that she first saw CJ7
  • Thank you KORKY What a moving blog Congratulations to RD for his annivversary and for all his fantastic work

What an amazing coincidence that ALISON was saying this morning that it was on the *th April last year that she first saw CJ7
  • Is that Roy Dennis being referred to, if so, then what an achievement.
  • For anyone on Facebook, here is a link to a wonderful aerial photograph of Loch Garten the other night.   

Click on the photograph to see it in all its splendour.    Certainly lovely to see it, especially for those who visit every year and are unable to at the moment.   

RICHARD ELLIOTT AERIAL FILMING

There is also a fabulous view of the Cairngorms just below the Loch Garten one.   

PS: Further down the page is a beautiful photograph of Bynack More too, where our Blue 47 was named after. GrinningHeart eyes