• Thanks Sheila and Hilary for digging out more information. Happy to know that 30(05) was here this year. Hope she returns again in 2021. As for S1, I believe he is the bird whose tracker stopped in mid channel after an excursion to mainland Europe this year. Chances are, unfortunately, that he suffered a disaster of some sort--his tracker was put on him the same year as 4K's and presumably it was the same vintage as 4K's (but I expect we will never be told about that!). It is possible he had a nest and chicks or he may have been one of the spare males hanging around Rutland; I do not know. Hope his tracker just stopped and he is spotted again in the spring.

Patily, Like you, I hope 4K returns again next year, fingers crossed.

Kind regards, Ann

• Sadly Ann I think at the time S! was thought to have met with a disaster in mid N Sea on his way back from Denmark
    I know its an annual moan but I don't see the logic behind not giving info about the other nests they oversee Saying who has returned and whether they bred and if so how many chicks is not going to reveal where the nests are
  • Sadly Ann I think at the time S! was thought to have met with a disaster in mid N Sea on his way back from Denmark
    I know its an annual moan but I don't see the logic behind not giving info about the other nests they oversee Saying who has returned and whether they bred and if so how many chicks is not going to reveal where the nests are
  • Thanks, Patily, I'd mis-remembered that S1's tracker stopped over the North Sea and not over the Channel as I thought. Yes, it is sad that Rutland do not reveal much information, even after the season has ended. I expect they have their reasons and if we knew what they are, we might even agree with them. Situations differ across the country and I, at least, am not party to what issues there may be at Rutland which might well be very different from those at other sites. Luckily, as some of the Rutland youngsters set up home at various other places, at least we do know the ongoing story of a few of the descendants of Rutland birds. I'm just grateful that quite a few other Osprey projects do let us know about their Ospreys. If we lived nearer we'd volunteer at Rutland but I imagine we, too, would then be sworn to secrecy.

Kind regards, Ann

• Latest update on Blue 4K(13)m - he has started to move again, and yesterday RW reported he was near the Spanish border

Compared to last year's migration south

It wasn't until I cleared all the Google Earth routes for LG and RW ospreys that I realised I had 2019 spring and autumn migrations for 4K.  However, the north bound 2019 route stops ominously near the Atlas Mountains and neither routes now shows the waypoints on the map, just on the  'legend' on the left hand side.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• From ROP Fb. Update on the progression of 4K(13)'s migration

Here

• Thanks SANDRA I hope he continues to do well
  • Thanks SANDRA I hope he continues to do well
  • VERY exciting news indeed.    083 has been seen on 28th August 2020 in Spain.   This must be the year for juveniles being seen on migration. 

LINK TO FACEBOOK POST - https://www.facebook.com/RutlandOspreyProject/posts/3451507074903367?     For some reason the posh link won't work.