• The Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust website has had a makeover and now live.  

Information on Rutland Ospreys can be found within the Wildlife Section. Link to Rutland Ospreys

Note:  still a work in progress as some pages/links are still to be copied over.   

• Karen, Thanks for the new thread and the links.
  • Will we have access to the archive of blogs on the original Rutland Osprey Project website? If those blogs have not been saved, an awful lot of important information will have disappeared forever. The domain ospreys.org is up for sale.
  • Unknown said:
    Will we have access to the archive of blogs on the original Rutland Osprey Project website?

Gardenbirder - In my opinion I am sure we will and it is just a matter of time until they get the links in place to the relevant pages for as you write there is a lot of important information and they have stated on their new site - quote

“ Our new website went live at the beginning of February so please bear with us whilst we move everything over from our old one”

I have been regularly checking the new website and must say it is a little disappointing there has been no further development but hopefully it will all happen soon - fingers crossed 

• Karen/Ann I raised this issue of history with the Trust as soon as a change was mooted and indeed long before that with Tim Mackrill. The 'Old', original, site which Tiger and myself, along with others frequently quote and admire is privately owned. The content has never, so far, been taken over by the Trust.
    I would have grave reservations about this based on their history and attitude in some quarters.
    I have just checked and the 'old' site is still in its original form with its original address.
  • Karen, I do hope you are right and that everything from the old website will eventually be available again. The old pages are currently inaccessible or at least the few I tried are. I do hope they were saved before the domain was given up.
  • Thanks, Mike, but what about the most recent blogs, those posted after the very first ones? What date is the most recent of the information on the 'old' original site which you, Tiger and others contributed to?
  • Ann, to avoid confusion the 'Old ' site which I refer to is the very first one set up by Barrie Galpin. It preceded the one which we have subsequently been using up until last season.

The 'redevelopment' of the site was mooted about a year ago and I have copies of emails between me and the then Director, Simon Bentley and also the new manager of the Rutland site. In essence these stressed the need to retain and carry over all the data!

I went to ring Simon Bentley only to find that he has moved on and his position was filled in November by a Tim Graham.

I wonder what he'll have to say about it? I'll be sure to ask!

• Ann. The 'old private site' ran from the start of the translocation project until around 2007. I can't be precise but the site we have been using since then is the one which the Trust and the Project set up. It is this one which is being 'redeveloped'
    I have just had a long chat with a member of the Trust team involved and hope to give you a authoritative quote in the near future.
  • I have received this email which I am asked to share with you all.
    "“Dear all,

Thank you for your comments regarding the Rutland Osprey website. The redevelopment of the new site allowed us to bring all the work of the Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust onto one platform and not have to pay for or manage separate websites. I know that this has raised some concerns regarding the loss of the historic blogs that were available on the old Rutland Ospreys website. Please be aware that this data has not been lost and we still have access to it. We will be looking in to a way of putting these somewhere for people to view them easily, unfortunately at the moment they cannot all be transferred over to the new website as it is such a large amount of data.

You will still be able to view the webcam from the new site and there will be regular updates on the website once the ospreys return. We are also looking into setting up an e-newsletter specifically for people interested in following updates on the ospreys and information will be available on the osprey social media pages.

Please note that the ospreys.org.uk domain name is not up for sale, you can still use this address and it will redirect you to the ospreys page on our new website.

I hope this has answered some questions. If you have any more concerns please email info@lrwt.org.uk

Harriet Hickin
    Supporter Development Officer
    Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust”

Many thanks
    Harriet

Harriet Hickin
    Supporter Development Officer
    Leicestershire & Rutland Wildlife Trust
    Direct Line: 0116 248 7358 "

The invite is there. Please take advantage of it. I have tried to explain to Harriet the importance of the historic details to us and she is obviously trying to help.