Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 December 2019

To all my dear friends on the RSPB forum:

Happy Winter Solstice and Season’s Greetings!

Tonight, I am celebrating the return of the light. The Winter Solstice marks the lengthening of the days and the homecoming of the Sun.

We are on the cusp of a new decade. In the coming new year, I hope light will triumph over darkness. I wish you all security, well-being, and contentment.

Peace, joy, and justice to all beings for 2020!

Photo: Aurora Borealis over the North Pole, Bear Lake, Alaska
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)
GPA: U.S. Government Photo Archive

• ForestBoar - Good to see you, but sorry to hear about the problems with statin withdrawal. Partly because of your coming off statins earlier this year (and other things as well) I also stopped taking them, with doctor's approval. I had been taking them for around twenty years. I felt a great deal better - more energy fewer muscle aches - but after three months my blood pressure was much higher than it should have been. I am now two months into a much lower dose than I was on before, and still feeling fine. I have to go back and have another blood test in a month or so to see if everything's OK. I do wish you well, and hope there is a reasonable remedy for you.
  • Result: OH washed up last night. J dried some. Got up this morning to find J washing up the last few items! Will report of tip visit later. Now off for a shower - been told to fit in with timing of other necessities.
  • Both have gone to tip - think I shall stay silent and not ask who lifted what!
  • Did some necessary cleaning this morning, then walked into the town for a treat of lunch out in an Italian restaurant. My OH treated us both, plus his sister, who we met at the restaurant. Funnily enough, we also met his other sister whilst walking to the town! But we didn't mention who we were meeting, in the interests of family harmony (don't ask!!!)

My OH had a yummy looking bowl of lasagne, sis in law had sphag bol, and I had the speciality Risotto with fragrant saffron rice and "three meat slow cooked ragu" - absolutely delicious. We followed it up with two sticky toffee puds and I had lemon cheesecake. We were too full for coffees or anything!

• Forest Boar, so sorry to hear what a rotten time you've been having. Do hope that things will settle down and you can find a "normal" with the help of your Doc.
  • Now I KNOW it's really Christmas Eve. Just enjoyed the Service of Nine Lessons and Carols from King's. Lively, as always. A great improvement on ours last Sunday …
  • Thanks, ALAN - and how is the wee Bowie? Hope you also have a good time and enjoy the festive season.

And that goes for all readers and posters this Christmas Eve!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!
  • Santa Claus to child:- Don’t think you can be naughty after Christmas; I’ve put surveillance cameras in all your toys.

I wish EVERYONE a very Merry Christmas and a safe & healthy 2020 . . . and if things are not going well, the strength to muddle through.

One of the 60 miniature floats on display at the Walkerville Miniature Christmas Pageant held each November. Created by Peter Golding, the display features new floats each year. Besides Christmas themes there are nursery rhymes, stories, fantasy. Entry is by gold coin donation and in the past 17 years over $30,000 has been raised for charity.

• I don't know how all those Italics appeared. Very strange.