'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• I'm back up, but this laptop did a disk check and repair, very alarming Open mouthThinking

Here's an article from Yale School of the Environment about the plight of insects (and therefore birds) being the result of introduced plants.

• I've always considered us the second generation of Victorians ......... we never seem to learn .
  • Scylla, here is the reply from my US birding expert (warning, a bit of a grim description coming up): "Yes, it is a young Northern Shrike. All the other birds left the feeder, because both Northern and Loggerhead Shrikes catch and eat little birds, among other things. We watched a Loggerhead Shrike devour a House Sparrow on our back porch in Fort Worth." I know they also eat small mammals such as mice, etc.
    She has birded in much of the US and lived in Fort Worth, Texas, for about a decade, but she now lives in Alaska.

Kind regards, Ann

• The Hoover Alabama cam has been buffering all day.

And no wonder!  See the overnight weather I found Hushed

Minnesota

This American Crow's head was often out of frame, shame - it really looked as tho it was showing off:

Downy Woodpecker taking off:

Dark-eyed Junco on the left edge of screen, couldn't get a better shot:

Murphy kept his nose to the ground as he sniffed from right to left across our screen:

Sapsucker Woods

THREE Flying Squirrels Smile  I had just said to myself "I never see more than two"!

First in @ 07:04:

Since then, snow and the usual visitors.  I haven't seen a Pileated Woodpecker since about the first day covering this cam.

From now on I seem to have been clutching at straws, nothing new or interesting here... oh, maybe the Blue Jay is cute ;)

Boreal Ontario

"Just a quickie showing the Western Meadowlark still here"

No squirrel over the somewhat snowy night, Chickadee was first in but not until relatively late:

Blue Jays were very prominent all morning and quite comical with the peanuts, here's one enjoying breakfast but obviously not massively hungry:

Chickadee, nuthatch, redpoll, hairy woodpecker - and probably others - all seen, but I can't remember if I last saw the Gray/Canada Jay very briefly this morning or was it yesterday?  Anyway, it's been scarce!

• Once again thank you Scylla. I trust all electrics now up and running perfectly.
    Some hoolie in Hoover !!!!
  • Thanks Scylla for your updates, that sure was some storm, Brrrr. Lovely visitors and the variety of colours are so nice.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• I'll have to look for a new cam to get new birdies for us Smirk

Minnesota

The Junco had a moment to itself:

Another Downy Woodpecker fly-off, from the rear this time:

Ohio

The patchy cat we saw last year, it didn't look our way and it didn't hang around:

4 Blue Jays - as if you couldn't count or ID them Grin

Reboot due to Malwarebytes update so I'd better post and close browser.

• Boreal Ontario

What a quiet morning!  Only almost imperceptible ins 'n outs of Chickadee and Nuthatch starting well after daycam, then the big guns joined in:

I thought it should be a Hairy here but it looks more like a Downy's beak to me Thinking

Blue Jays dominated the day:

Blue Jay whoopsie!

Hooray, the Gray Jay Smile

All thru the morning the Nuthatch and Chickadee popped in and out, often only indicated by a jumping seed - but here I gottem both Slight smile

• Back again before lunchtime:

A squirrel (presumably a red one) made it thru security - unusual!

Mini-invasion of redpoll:

Kitsch redpolls for your kitchen wall Heart eyes

• Sapsucker Woods

There were several single flying squirrel visits overnight.

First in, and straight away they appointed a supervisor:

This goldfinch appointed itself, not trusting the woodpeckers:

The 2 titmice may have been supervised from afar:

There was a lot of activity from many of the usual birds here.

Now I'm out of puff.