'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• An au revoir to the Cz cams as they make way for others - but it was already almost evening, so the light was poor:

IMAGICAT

• "Short-term memory problems here, GARDENBIRDER"
    Ah, well, Scylla--that makes two of us! Never mind...I doubt anything I said was crucial (cannot remember!)

Kind regards, Ann

• Thanks, Korky, Great news!

Kind regards, Ann

• Unknown said:
    She's back!
    Unknown said:
    Amazing!!

Wow!  What wonderful news - thank you, KORKY

Puts my Heron/Stork to shame.  And talking of shame... maybe I could have managed the ID if it were daylight but that's not guaranteed Confounded 

Not action-packed!

The smaller birds on the other side of the pond weren't happy to have its company.

IMAGICAT

• Ohio

I think this may hve been a brown-headed cowbird in toned-down clothing - it was only there for a few seconds before they all fled:

There were some lovely "flocks" during the afternoon but nearly all of them marred by dang red-winged blackbirds intruding, so I've been restricted.

Iridescent grackles:

There's always one! Grin 

On the feeders above - this purple finch displaced a goldfinch to get to a feeding hole - I think its partner was bottom left:

Not seen for a couple of nights -  due to snow?  The raccoon only stayed for 15 seconds :o

IMAGICAT

• Sapsucker Woods NYC

Goldfinch, hairy woodpecker - and woodies? black-capped chickadee, tufted titmouse, Carolina wren, mourning dove, nuthatch, n cardinal...

I know why I've never stuck with this cam, lovely tho it is - the birds appear too small, ie far away, for me to cope with.

IMAGICAT

• Who goes there?

(c) Makov-Krmitko

• Peeeep-oh!

So I'd better add nightcam Sapsucker here rather than edit it in above.

The FLYING SQUIRREL visited several times in the evening:

IMAGICAT

• ©CornellLab, Boreal, Ontario

New birds !!!

Who's this?!  Reminds me of a long-tailed tit, which I've never seen on any cam, only in the occasional picture.  (Sorry, a lack of forethought means they're separate snaps.)

EDIT - Could it be a Canada Jay? 

It doesn't exactly look like a first cousin to this - which is also a frequent visitor:

I'm guessing Common Redpoll but I've never seen it before, so...

Still guessing - Red-breasted Nuthatch?

I'm taking a break, with nearly all the afternoon of this cam still to do.

IMAGICAT

• See the size of that Canada Jay :o

Then see the shock I had :o :o :o

Evening Grosbeak:

Little ground feeders:

Black-capped Chickadee:

Is this a slightly better view of the so-called-by-me Red-breasted Nuthatch?

This cam has a Flying Squirrel too but I gave up on a video, it had to be lightened SO much:

Back to Sapsucker Woods for an 01:00 Flying Squirrel:

IMAGICAT