'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Only rabbits overnight so far, one nearly smiled for the cam:

The birds are going to need an early squirrel in the morning, unless there's a thaw:

IMAGICAT

• That was some decision about which peanut to take, it must be the right one!! Loving the updates on this web cam Scylla.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Suet! I love the ongoing stories of the various personalities! <3

scylla said:
    thick slice of very underbaked seedy bread:

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Anyone know a good dentist?

© WildEarth

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Unknown said:
    Anyone know a good dentist?

The fact that it took a while for that to resolve into what it actually was... is frightening here!

(Test: 100 )

IMAGICAT

• Unknown said:
    Czech squirrel

They are lovely, nearly as lovely as our Scottish ones ;)

Ohio

Mouse was under the tray for at least half an hour, I never did find it leaving, despite wasting far too much time peering ;)

No matter what I do, the lighter colour in the frame goes pinky, I despair :(

Flying off with a take-away Slight smile

^^^ That frame's off the new editor, which has lots of bells and whistles but there's no way to make plain, coloured frames.  The chosen one serendipitously had the right colours in it and I thought "what the heck?" ;)

IMAGICAT

• Focusing on the Blue Jays for a mo:

I don't think this one really had holes in its feathers ;)  The difference in colour is down to the light.

They can be cute!

I just loved her pastels :-*

2 frames later I discovered this and couldn't resist it:

Something caught their eyes all at the same time:

Mourning Doves seem to fly with their tails pointed, unlike some other birds who fan their tails.  I could be way off base there, but that's what's struck me :-/

The Dark-eyed Junco can only be displayed in elements ;)

I'm sure you remember the other day when I queried whether a Red-bellied Woodpecker was trying to reach the seed block on its right or trying to peck someone? ... Well!

I triumphantly iDee these* as Tufted Titmice, which I've never seen before (even if it's been here every day, I've not noticed it), I only see the Oak Titmouse at Starr Ranch.

*One seemed to scare the other off.

I'm not sure if I've finished but... Fingers crossed I don't get sent to Moderation :o

IMAGICAT

• Sydney WB Sea Eagle Nest

The Rainbow Lorikeets visited again in the evening but the cam couldn't quite get at them:

The long distance cam went down around 16:50 on the (Sydney) afternoon of the 22nd, it was very windy.  There was a notice "smcgreg8@une.edu.au is accessing this computer" - let's hope they weren't hacked :o

IMAGICAT