'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Boreal Ontario

A little Redpoll clash:

10 February - Ruffed Grouse visited 3 times in the afternoon - who wouldn't want a hand-knitted sweater like that?   I can see someone like Denis Compton or George Lazenby modelling the knitting pattern Stuck out tongue 

The Pine Grosbeak who happened to pop in while I was cropping the Grouse doing a little belly-slide on the snow:

IMAGICAT

• Some little visitors for Mrs Great Horned Owl.  I can't figure out what the "finch" is - plumage too "strong" for female House Finch, lacks eyebrow of female Purple Finch, no yellow on wing for Pine Siskin (not that I know if they should exist in this region)...

Activities last evening up to midnight, including a rat(?) brought to the nest - I've "done" the sound but not stopped to listen to it right thru yet, hope it serves to educate us further in the varieties of this bird's vocals:

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    Activities last evening up to midnight, including a rat(?) brought to the nest - I've "done" the sound but not stopped to listen to it right thru yet, hope it serves to educate us further in the varieties of this bird's vocals:

Thanks scylla. She can clearly see him catching what looks like a mouse unless I've got the sizing wrong . Interesting vocals indeed

• Per Twitter - Downy Woodpecker, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Black-capped Chickadee take peanuts from oh-so-steady hand Astonished

IMAGICAT

• OOH, how wonderful is that, I would be ecstatic and not abe to keep still! Still trying to get my new robin to get nearer to feed!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• scylla said:
    Black-capped Chickadee take peanuts from oh-so-steady hand

Well, indeed I have had chickadees land on my hand to take a peanut, and it is magical.  I cannot imagine the woodpeckers landing!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Unknown said:
    She can clearly see him catching what looks like a mouse unless I've got the sizing wrong

What a coincidence - the Landings people tweeted snaps of it.

IMAGICAT

• Well they have very pretty rats in Georgia!
  • scylla said:

Per Twitter - Downy Woodpecker, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Black-capped Chickadee take peanuts from oh-so-steady hand

How  marvellous !  and  wonderful. How I'd like to  find a place where the birds were so unafraid of humans I could hold my hand out and feed them. Thank you so much Scyla , I shall be adding this tweet to my next Zilpha email.

• Great Horned Owl from a couple of days ago:

Later, Dad delivered a snack:

Eek!  Surely this is a bit early, the egg was reportedly laid on 17 January:

OMG, we're nearly hatched but no-one's on duty to zoom.  Mrs dare not eat her rat:

That's the latest - there's a zoomer on duty now Relaxed 

IMAGICAT