'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• 30 January

Great Horned Owls' early morning prey-drop and constant communications for... a long time!

Evening break for Mrs, then Mr delivers a small meal - a bird?

• RSPB Arne

I shan't be continuing with this cam - I'd forgotten how difficult the "little bird" feeder cams are when nthey're not "contained" like they are at LG.

Interesting to see the Wood Pigeon standing up the the Jackdaws (I think) - then there was a Collared Dove (I think).  Birds in this video and unshown included Goldfinch, Mr&Mrs Blackbird, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Robin, Chaffinch, Sparrows but I didn't stop to look at their heads so can't say Tree or House, a GSW (unless it was a rare one, it wasn't a good view)... and others I'm not calling to mind.

• I just checked Cornell's West Texas cam, skipped back a bit thru rollback and found the following - googled "West Texas bird that looks like a brown Siskin" and it turned out to be a Pine Siskin Grin  Then googled "West Texas Woodpeckers", which I did last year but have forgotten, of course, and that turned out to be a Ladder-backed Woodpecker (male).

• Great Horned Owl Dad was sunning himself on a branch, my session cut off before he flew:

• NE Florida - both eaglets got breakfast on 01 February:

• Enjoyed all the videos , thank you Scylla
  • The SE Florida bald eagles are coming on well

(c) SWFEC/Pritchett

• The Great Horned Owl cam found a Bald Eagle (IMHO) in a tree too far for a real close-up:

The thumbnail is this snap, the only highlight when another Bald Eagle buzzed the percher, I forgot to put it in the video:

EDIT

Early last evening, she flew off a different way, wasn't gone long:

I'm stopping the NE Florida Bald Eagles for a while (at least), so here's an au revoir from this morning:

• 04 February

MrsGHOW with some sweet birdsong in the background.  At the end I mention pinned post - this is what that says:

Sometimes she looks as tho there's a problem with her left eye, so I googled it - only to find that I had posted the same query on RSPB when I followed the nest in Feb/March 2015 Grin My last post was on 15 March, which would have been when I switched to UK Ospreys returning here from migration. Is this the very same female?

Here she was returning from a short outing in the early evening:

Feeder tray snowed under in Ohio:

• Lovely video scylla. Interesting that the cam person (unless it was you) zoomed in on her left eye. It looks like it is 'turned in' although if it is the same bird/same issue as 2015 it's clearly not affecting her