'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• I'm in the midst of a major delete-fest, having been overwhelmed by downloads, some misbehaving, others rock solid, adding up to an uncatchupable backlog.

I'm discontinuing the dear Otter, but here he was, early in the morning, snow falling:

Boreal Ontario

Flying Squirrel checking that the coast is clear:

Farewell from me to the Eastern Screech Owl - it's well ahead of breeding season, Lily is earlier than usual roosting in the box:

An introductory look at Daisy the Pacific Black Duck on her eggs.  Hope to get better light tomorrow.  The "fascinator" got removed while the cam was off.

IMAGICAT

• Ohio

Poor Woodpeckers got deprived till morning:

Makov

Lovely nuts added:

A resident White Stork got aggressive with a squirrel (or maybe it was 2 different squirrels):

Daisy on the Sea Eagles' nest in Oz:

EDIT:

Someone's posted a video showing that on the morning of the 10th two corvids spend 6-7 minutes harrassing Daisy, then got bored and left.  That's made me very depressed, she's so defenceless, why oh why didn't she choose a safer nest site?  (Rhetorical question!)

IMAGICAT

• What a great smorgasbord of web cam snaps this morning scylla! My head is spinning. Mission Control is firmly on its International setting at present Grin

• Daisy Duck looking even prettier:

IMAGICAT

• Korky, you've said it all, admirably. Couldn't have said it any better. Clap clap Scylla, another ''top of the class' effort A*
  • Daisy Duck left for a long break in the early hours and a Brushtail Possum family explored the nest

Views from the "Twitch cam" (the long view is hosted on Twitch.com rather than YouTube.)

This was probably a Boobook Owl flying off after perching partially hidden by a limb for 4+ minutes.  This Owl is an occasional nuisance to the Sea Eagles in breeding season.

3 Possums:

Boreal Ontario

Wow!  It looked as tho Ontario had its own micro-tornado:

Later the Ruffed Grouse turned up, didn't eat a lot:

IMAGICAT

• 14 December in Oz - 03:00-05:00 - the Possum family invaded while Daisy was sitting but didn't interfere with her and there appeared to be no conflict.  When she was sure thay'd gone she gave a silent cry of joy:

More visits - this time a Galah as well as a Rainbow Lorikeet or two.  I had great trouble ID-ing the Galah because it's brighter than I thought they were/are.  And I now see that I've left far too much inactivity in this video, very sorry Cry

IMAGICAT

• Hello Everyone. Not sure if this is the correct forum for my post but here goes. There'll be a new Bald Eagle cam to watch starting tomorrow (15th Dec.). Read all about it! www.conservewildlifenj.org/.../
  • Unknown said:
    There'll be a new Bald Eagle cam to watch starting tomorrow (15th Dec.). Read all about it! www.conservewildlifenj.org/.../

Excellent Lisa! A whole new nest to entertain us, thank you

• Unknown said:
    Hello Everyone. Not sure if this is the correct forum for my post but here goes. There'll be a new Bald Eagle cam to watch starting tomorrow (15th Dec.). Read all about it! www.conservewildlifenj.org/.../

Thank you, LISA!  As you know but others might not, those are the same people who run the Barnegat Light Osprey cam Relaxed   I've asked YouTube for an alert when it goes live and will check it out then.

That must have been quite an operation, moving a whole eagle nest to a new perch Hushed

IMAGICAT