'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Ohio Backyard

Definitely Downy Woodpecker (not Hairy) - sorry they're different distances slightly, giving the impression of different sizes:

American Goldfinch - I remember them liking this particular feeder in previous years:

Red-bellied Woodpecker - with beak de-tipped by the edge of the cam-frame, not my frame Disappointed

Female Northern Cardinal startling a Purple Finch:

IMAGICAT

• The Makov bird/squirrel/deer cam is going strong,  and there's also otter cam!

Nice message on their home page

'Every year, we stop the live broadcast from the bird feeder at the Wildlife Rescue Centre Makov in mid-March. We were expecting to do the same this year but due to the situation all around us, we will continue broadcasting the feeder. Almost daily we receive messages from many places all around the world when especially senior citizens keep watching our feeder all day. From Spain, the worst affected areas of Italy, America as well asclose neighbours – Slovakia, Germany, and Poland, and of course from the Czech Republic. Our two streams (from the Czech Republic and shared through the US) have more than 12 thousand views a day, often by senior citizens. And it is true that even in spring there is a lot to look at. There is hardly another placewhere you can see storks, squirrels, geese, hare, or roe at the feeder in addition to more than 30 common bird species and the broadcast can be rewound up to 12 hours back.
    So if you have some senior citizens, parents or grandparents who love nature in your neighbourhood, feel free to share our broadcast with them.'

• Indeed, that is truly a thoughtful message, especially fitting at Christmas. Thanks for sharing, Korky. Nature is a healing thing.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Unknown said:
    The Makov bird/squirrel/deer cam is going strong,  and there's also otter cam!

As CC has said - how thoughtful of them.  The reason I stop covering them periodically is because I feel I should try to find "different" critters to post here, but now, in view of their particular consideration for people like me, I shall resume!

I'm so touched, both by Makov and by you for checking up on them, {{{Korky}}} x.Hugging

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    The reason I stop covering them periodically is because I feel I should try to find "different" critters to post here, but now, in view of their particular consideration for people like me, I shall resume!

you and me both sylls.....!x

• The Makov Pond is on the Otter  

We were just in time for his/her pre-bedtime swim!  (This cam and critter combined are not easy to edit so you'll have to do your own for part of it.)

IMAGICAT

• Ohio

House Sparrows:

Red-winged Blackbirds

AllAboutBirds.org: "Non-breeding males often look scaly and have incomplete red shoulder patches":

Astonished 

Blush 

Makov

Two separate visits by a one-eyed deer - I hadn't noticed "disabled" deer before:

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    We were just in time for his/her pre-bedtime swim! 

Ha! Well captured. I looked in last night and saw nada

• Manton Bay

Great Black-backed Gull was back, it stayed 20 minutes:

Makov

Not single-use plastic, I hope Astonished

After the feed was replenished with goodies, the Jay(s were in at least 20 times in ? hours - one had the sense to take a shelled walmut half but not these two:

I could have taken a ton of snaps from that period but lost oomph.

IMAGICAT

• Another feast for the eyes. Super otter video too. You never fail us Scylla. Many thanks