'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Shorties from Ohio:

The overnight crew ate all the seeds:

Lovely coloured bunny @ daycam:

Barnegat Light, Long Island

Couple of untouched snaps:

IMAGICAT

• Thanks so much for those videos.
    Those critter videos in Ohio made me chuckle, so like pets they are.
    Osprey rescue was amazing, and did recall Lady at Loch of the Lowes for me...

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• That skunk was not moving for anyone and the poor squiggle, the look on his face, aw!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• 02 November

A red-letter day, got notified by Cornell that the Boreal Ontario cam was back - it having been closed down due to (?) trichomonas in the birds.

When I set it up a Black-capped Chickadee was the only visitor, in 'n out repeatedly, feeding from the sparse tray and the danglers:

Poor little soul got less than 20 minutes peace before the Evening Grosbeaks crowded it out:

And two (a pair of?) Gray Jays!

IMAGICAT

• Boreal Ontario

"Flying Squirrels overnight, one gets a fright" ... but recovers so quickly!  Must be used to it?

IMAGICAT

• Oh golly so much loveliness here ! loved the videos and two captures in particular were so super good (they were all good) - the cormorants and the egret - simply super good
  • Boreal Ontario

The first crowd of Evening Grosbeaks arrived a bit before 09:00.  The males peck away the females and the females peck away each other, but they all must get to eat in the end Grin

IMHO, the females are much prettier than the males.

No Woodpeckers seen yet, nor Ruffed Grouse.  There's something different about the cam this season - the colours and resolution aren't as "good", and when the Chickadee and Nuthatch (for example) pop in and out all I see is the seeds behaving like popcorn - so must scroll ultra-slowly.

I can't make out what scared the American Crow and the Squirrel - you'd think it might have been "each other", but initially the Crow is looking almost directly overhead, not where the Squirrel would have been  ???

Early evening, Blue Jay with artefacts:

Barnegat Light

Camperson did their best to zoom on this pole-topper - could it have been one of ours?  Looks a bit pale:

IMAGICAT

• I still think a third party must be involved - the Crow had been feeding with a Squirrel at the far end, then another big scare!  This time the Squirrel didn't stick around.

Ohio backyard feeders

IMAGICAT

• Boreal Ontario

Empty tray!  Flying Squirrel can't get at all the food in the hanging feeders Cry

IMAGICAT

• Well, third party or not it certainly made for entertaining videos. Thank you Scylla. The Grosbeaks are lovely .