'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Daisy the Pacific Black Duck on the Sea Eagles' nest

©SeaEagleCAM Team

(I try to create a balance between not-too-long and showing details of behaviours, I'm afraid the first vid may have dwelt too long in places.)

Not a good day - shame, because she'd had a relatively undisturbed night Slight frown

First the Sea Eagle:

Then a Pied Currawong created havoc - I didn't edit this much at all:

And I forgot to include the final status of the eggs/nestcup:

• scylla said:
    Then a Pied Currawong created havoc

Vandal! The sea eagle looked more interested in incubating the eggs.

• Yes, stunning grasswrens Thanks Scylla
  • I googled Grass Wrens and came up with a bird resident in Central and South America--hmmmm. Went back to Scylla's snap and noticed they are Black Grasswrens so googled that. Grass and Fairy Wrens, etc. are a large group in Australia. Found a link which says they are not actually Wrens but are the result of convergent evolution. Birds of the World says "Their closest relatives are the Honeyeaters and the Peep-wrens." See here -- carolinabirds.org/.../Maluridae.htm
  • Daisy the Pacific Duck... undaunted Purple heart

She returned in the early evening, got her nest sorted out, and spent a peaceful night until now, 07:28, when she's tending the eggs, I'll have another look in a couple of minutes.

• Aw bless poor Daisy Duck, hope all goes well with her and the eggs?

• Well done Daisy - . And thank you Scylla
  • 19 January

©SeaEagleCAM Team

Daisy's had a really good spell.

She may have been sleeping with one eye open, some ducks do, and who can blame her? Hugging

No reason for this snap:

Did she burp?

(Just for the record.)  Late lunchtime she sorted her nest and left for her break - it's very windy so I hope that puts off any visitors:

Lastly, for now - whose voices?  They repeated a couple of times later but life's too short - also known as "I've got lots more to do on other cams".

• Boral Ontario

17 January

Tray cleaned and replenished - as per info herein, it only took 40 minutes for the Blue Jays to take all the in-shell peanuts!

2 or 3 mini-flocks of Common Redpolls today, with all the other usual visitors in modest numbers, can't be sure if the Western Meadowlark was seen on the ground, just couldn't get a clear enough picture/shape.

A flying Redpoll:

Once the wire Ladybird had relinquished its contents, the Gray Jay was able to enjoy them muchly:

The Meadowlark was definitely on the ground late afternoon.

18 January

Another quiet start, here was a Redpoll perched on a piece from the Ladybird:

In fact it was a quiet day all round - the Meadowlark was on the ground late afternoon again.

Pacific Black Duck (before I crash out)... Daisy returned @ 15:51 local time and has been sitting uneventfully ever since - which is well under 2 hours.

G'night.

• 18 January

Boreal Ontario

The first visitors, another quiet morning:

Pacific Black Duck

©SeaEagleCAM Team

Daisy's routine has continued uninterrupted except by her breaks, she's currently incubating peacefully.  She nearly had one alarm tho, but it came to less than nothing, I never saw where it went:

Rescue Station Makov

Mouse had trouble keeping its tail curled over its back: