'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• scylla said:

Oh how charming - Scarlet & Rhett, Skidaway Island, compliments of Hideto Luna:

https://youtu.be/Zayprzq-bEk

A timely reminder of the wonderful osprey sounds we're all looking forward to hearing from Loch Garten and other UK locations in a few weeks!

• The Sydney White-bellied Sea Eagles nest - hosted a Noisy Miner who took a very long time to dispatch a poor flying insect, and kept on attacking long after it was dead

I did edit out the bits where it couldn't be seen very well, but left it so that you can see the labour that went into the exercise, and the personality involved :)

Interesting that it bashed the insect on sticks - using tools?

Brightened.  See its tongue?  I wondered if it was getting stung at tiimes:

Before the N Miner, there was a long visit by a lot of Rainbow Lorikeets but we didn't get any zooms on them... and we've seen them lots, if not very clearly.

• There is a rummer that OSPREY are on the way

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Limpy said:
    There is a rummer that OSPREY are on the way

They've already performed a fine service - bringing you back into LG forums, Limpy ;)

Our regular cat, out in the snow:

And a bit later, after the snow had stopped - a new one, lovely tabby!.

You obviously must be athletic to be a bird feeder :o

Snooty raccoon:

This rabbit suddenly bent its ear back for multi-directional threat detection:

As with the Northern Cardinal, this Mallard female is lovelier than the male:

06:49hr Dark-eyed Junco was first in and totally alone.  But I could have got better views of it later :(

• @Limpy HI LIMPY! Hugs to you and Clare. I am lurking here. :-)

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Never seen such a beautiful pattern on a mallard, maybe cos it's close up!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Unknown said:
    I am lurking here.

You know that New York birds are welcome here {{{CC}}} :-*

WB Sea Eagle nest for the Sydney 29th:

Unusually, a solitary Rainbow Lorikeet pottering:

A bit later on the eagle couple spent 3+ hours until lunchtime:

They were back in the afternoon and I think they spent the night:

Yes they did:

Ohio (which is miles behind and I had to delete days' worth of it)...

I wondered if this little skunk was diseased but could get hardly any clear views:

• WB Sea Eagles woke up and honked, they were gone before 06:30.

At 08:00 there was a 20-minute invasion of Rainbow Lorikeets - impossible to show them to full advantage:

• Another unfortunate Mourning Dove with breast injury.  After hours of peering at the clearest few seconds, I can't decide if one or two seeds escaped or if they were kicked up.

This was right at the end of a 6-hour session and the dove was gone when the next session started.

• I suggest we keen going with this thread until the LG cameras come back up.

In the meantime, look at this big baby

(c) www.allaboutbirds.org/.../