'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• I put into Google "bird same shape as mockingbird with light brown (cos "tan" US is not the same as UK) back and streaked breast", and up it came right away:

Brown Thrasher - triumph!

• Amazingly docile response from the adult I assume there must be some level of human habituation ?
  • Tony I think the albatross pair are long established and have been monitored by the rangers for a good few years. The website details their breeding history and lots of fascinating facts about the albatross. Worth a read!
  • I've stopped downloading the upper bird feeders.

Some deer heads:

Must be doe and fawn:

This youngster was approaching but got spooked - supple!

Actually there were 4 later:

These were 3 of the 4:

A squirrel jumped onto the cam and tipped it downwards - Ken Little soon came out and fixed it (not shown, this is only 13s).

• A message about the Caerlaverock cameras (posted on Monday 10 Feb).
    "Morning all, storm Ciara took out our internet connection on Saturday night. The engineers are working on it when conditions allow but until then I'm afraid that we will not be able to show live images from our swan and badger cams. Normal service will resume asap".
    Ian

• Thank you for the bad news, IAN :)

A Raven (I hope !!!  Cirrusssss ??? !!! Grin ) on a branch of the Sydney White-bellied Sea Eagles' tree - I have very nearly synced the sound:

Found this on YouTube - not at all European-sounding!

The a Noisy Miner put in a distant appearance, shame no zoomer on duty at that time:

Alabama ground feeder

I haven't seen any stag since the injured one.

Tending hind leg:

Follow my leader:

Baby buck and pre-teen buck :)

• I think there was a Southern Boobook owl on the WB Sea Eagles' nest - but I'm far from familiar with any Aussie owls.

The nest cam has been down, I only just noticed.

• Super photo, KORKY :-*

My final snaps from Alabama, for the foreseeable future:

The one at the back is tending its bottie:

Cheerio, Cat, our acquaintance was all too short (13s vid):

Back in Ohio - they've got snow!  Only the rabbits "brave" it:

Just fer fun:

They ran away several times but I never got even a glimpse of any threat (8s vid):

• scylla said:
    My final snaps from Alabama, for the foreseeable future:

Scylla, I hope you're not disappearing altogether, from everywhere.....

The osprey season will soon be upon us although I'm hearing not altogether positive things about the Rutland website/past data, and no idea what and when anything is going to happen for new season at Loch Garten. Maybe I shall have to change my pandion addiction for diomedea.