Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 December 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The moon turns full on 12 December (11 December for you, Annette and bjane), and it's called the "Cold Moon." 

Everyone have a wonderful week and don't stress over the upcoming holiday. 

• Tired to bed after a busy day: think I just flagged up your post by accident, Annette!

Hope you had a good lunch with your friends.
  • Good Morning. Cold & dark here, and we were awoken early by the wind. My OH is not sure if he is going to play golf.

I must go out for supplies (who eats all that bread, and drinks all that milk?) then gird my loins to attack the boxes of stuff all over the house. If my OH is going to be at home, he'll help me to put the big pc back together.

Received lovely photo last night of our little grandson Matthew, appearing in the reception class School Nativity play. A really cute looking sheep!
  • Wet & windy here. Sent OH out with a list of messages around town. Going to spend my time filling gaps in the Christmas holiday menus so we can work out what to buy and when.
  • Hello all
    I have been reading but didn't get around to posting, yesterday. I braved M and S food hall and was able to tick some things off my list. Things can only get worse !!
    LINDY - the last upheaval here was three years ago when we had a new kitchen. I hated every minute of it all, especially having to decide what was going to go where when it was all completed. Fortunately I had decanted everything into the dining room which is next to the kitchen but even so, it seemed an enormous chore!
    ANNETTE- I hope your lunch went well, yesterday. Was the food good?

Overnight,,I heard that the tour company may be charged regarding the deaths on White Island. Also, the owners of the illegal factory in Dehli, where over 40 people lost their lives. My youngest son in law's sister lives in the Bay of Plenty area and she says that the locals wouldn't dream of going to White Island. Some of the injured are in hospital in Tauranga, where she lives.
  • Shocking business, about the volcano, Heather. Someone ought to be held accountable.

Still wildly windy here - rushed out and bought chocolate to put in the g,'children's stockings as well as more mundane items. The bill when it came, was horrific! Found this morning that one of our Chr.lights strings had been flashing away all night, as I'd got the timer on it wrong! Turned it off altogether so that I can investigate it later.
  • Raining all day, here. Son has just phoned, it is very windy in Shrewsbury and his outside swinging shop sign has just done a somersault.
    I've been pottering about - may visit the shops tomorrow.
  • Morning all:  Just back from walk, which I force myself to do even if I don't feel like it.  I have Pandora on my iPhone and having the right music really helps pick up the pace.

Lunch yesterday was really nice. We went to Lure - a fish restaurant on upper State street and I had my usual - the Citrus Crab Cake Salad with avocado and grapefruit - it's always refreshing. Managed to stay away from their yummy rolls and butter.  We all passed on dessert (although they have a wonderful Key Lime Pie that isn't too sweet).  There were 8 of us, so we managed to get a small private dining room away from the bustle and noise of the main restaurant.  I think granddaughter is going to "surprise" me and OH with one of Lure's gift certificates for Xmas. :-)

It seems warnings were issued regarding White Island in the days before the eruption.  I see multiple law suits in the company's future.... (if indeed it has one).  The island is privately owned so I imagine the government can't just close it off permanently, but also wonder if the island's owner could be held accountable too for allowing visitors to such a hazardous place.   India has seen several horrible fires in factories; I guess no health and safety laws that are adequate or maybe not enforced.  

Got the Arizona pressies off via UPS yesterday (not as expensive as I feared) and all the UK cards last Friday; just a few US ones to send today.  We'll be having a very low-key Xmas and that's just fine with us.. Grandson may be heading to AZ, but Ms. D (who's crazy about her Uncle) will be at her Dad's house over Xmas for the first time in three years.  Granddaughter and Ms. may come after Xmas but we'll see how all that works out.  We are going to go with the flow....

Meanwhile, stay warm and dry everyone!

Heather:  Just saw your post - how is son's business doing?

• ANNETTE - business has picked up and of course it is the busy season. He seems to be able to acknowledge mistakes he made regarding staffing and learning from said mistakes. High Street retailers are all struggling to some degree.....
  • PS - love the sound of that salad.......
  • I would not be able to turn down Key Lime Pie. Not now, not ever. I do not have that much self-discipline. LOL!