Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 November 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The moon turns full on Tuesday, 12 November. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• Annette: I will also be watching the impeachment hearings. (I remember being glued to the TV watching every one of the Watergate hearings with rapt attention. LOL) I expect Trump to be impeached, but I don't think there's much chance that Senate Republicans will convict him and remove him from office. 

I have 2 different freelance contracts in different stages right now. Repairs on my house will be very expensive, considering the additional damage sustained in that bad storm this year. The work will have to wait until I can draw Social Security (pension, to you Brits), which is not for 3 years (if I retire at 65). 

I have a decent-sized, portable oil-filled, radiator heater that usually keeps the living area of my house warm, but this current Arctic freeze is too much for it. Hence, my wearing a coat and  whinging. Sorry, folks. The actual temperature here tonight is 2F (which is minus -16.6 C) so far.

I hope you were able to get the irrigation fixed.

bjane: So nice to see you. I saw that the weather was equally brutal in your area. I hope you stay safe and warm. Thanks for your kind words to me.

• OG: I hope the antibiotics are making you feel MUCH better now. I also hope that J is now able to eat and he is healing well.

Heather: I hope you enjoy your time with your visiting friends!!!

• LINDY - I'm sure that the cream will help. My youngest gets discoid eczema when she is particularly stressed. She is also prescribed something to put in the bath when it is very sore. She rarely uses the bath, always showers but on occasion says this stuff really helps.
    ANNETTE - keep meaning to say that I've never seen red and green teeth braces! Very festive!

My visitors arrive today. They will be welcomed by frosty weather but nothing like DIANE and Bjane are experiencing.
  • Good Morning. Wet here for our start of the day, but supposed to be a dry 24 hours beginning at breakfast time.

Good to hear that bjane is keeping warm in her cold temps. Diane, you need more than that to be cosy - wish I could send you a roaring log fireplace for every room!

Hope that OG and family continue to improve. Lynette, hope you feel the benefit of your op now.
  • Heather, I was just wondering about you, and you crossed posts with me. Enjoy your time with your friends.
  • I could not get on this site yesterday & today, some mysterious error message. Bleah. As ANNETTE kindly reported, I am safe in Adelaide as we are in western suburbs close to beach. Safe enough unless there is a suburban housefire, caused by neighbour’s faulty a/c etc or a child playing with matches. The bushfire news today was still bad. NSW eased but emergency will continue for next week, QLD much worse today with 76 fires, WA having a heatwave & fires close to Perth. PAT I feel for your friend having to evacuate & waiting to learn if her home is safe.
  • Good evening all,  I am glued to the impeachment live stream, my late Daughter Katie was a student of Modern History - Robert Kennedy was her political hero - and she was apoplectic when Trump got in - she will be cheering from the heavens if he gets impeached.

Diane -  I sympathise re your government pension as Mine got moved 3 times - from 60 to 63 to 66  - so I have 2 more years to wait - that's if I last that long!

My poor children will have to work until they are 70 or more.

I hope OG and family are continuing to improve re health issues and everyone else is in fine fettle.

• Had a really bad night so tired this morning and worse than yesterday - not so bad in the afternoon, and had the podiatrist here for our feet. J is improving in mood and general health - two bugs straight after surgery did him no favours. Good to read so many posts, though some difficult content - hope things improve for everyone!
  • Harelady/Diane:  I liked the two guys (especially the one in the bow tie) who were giving testimony today.  'Fraid I had to mute a couple of the predictably outraged Trump apologists.  More to come Friday.  I got a lot of sorting through files (and shredding at opportune times in the hearings) done.  'Scuse the clunky sentence structure....     Whenever - and however - Trump goes, I'll be popping the champagne.  Just hope it's much sooner than later.

OG:  Well at least J is doing better.....  Take care of yourself.

• OG: I'm so sorry that you had such a bad night and fatigued morning. I hope you all can be on the way back to health. I wish I could do something. Get lots of rest. 

Lindy: I'm sorry about the skin condition. I hope the cream medication is effective. Relax and be good to yourself.