Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 October 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

Sunday the 13th is the full Hunter's Moon. It occurs just a few days after reaching apogee, the farthest point in the moon's orbit from earth. So, this will be "smallest" full moon of the year 2019. However, because of the point and direction that it will rise, some sources said that it will appear large and orange!

Everyone have a wonderful week. My area had its first frost of the season last night!

• Good Morning. Colder here today. My OH went out early to golf, so I pottered down to get my cup of tea a while ago, and got back into bed with it.

Heather, my mother had a combination microwave once and it too, was indecipherable as to how it actually worked. We had to give up, eventually. I suppose it's all according to the type and model.

Sun is coming out now, hooray!
  • What a day! The NBN was down from about 9am til 3 pm. So no internet, no land line, no friend phoning. Grrrrr! I needed to research what to see in towns this weekend & check Google maps to draw my “mud maps. Even the notes to go with my pics use online newspapers from olden days. Instead I decided to pack for trip – that took 5 mins. I did some weeding, making sore back sore-er, and followed up with a snooze. No idea why or what the problem.
  • Sunshine here: I'm off to order a sofa cover for where Bonnie sits beside me in the evenings. At present we use a throw which I used to put over our old sofa, before this one, but its really the wrong colour which offends my eye.

Also will make a few phone calls. Hate phoning people in the evenings when they might be relaxing.
  • Had a nice chat with my late Friend G's OH: he has had a pleasant holiday in Norfolk, seeing old haunts.

The sunshine here is brilliant, and everyone is out mowing their lawns etc.

Here is the picture I tried to post a few days ago, of the metal flowers I've acquired, in amongst the real ones - the fuschia is a bush which comes out every year and is becoming so luxuriant that we have to prune it well, every spring.

•  Morning all:

Diane: Thanks for the link re the mountain lions.  We are getting reports of continued sightings in our area.  The video below is from our neighborhood website, taken by a home security camera.  It was about a mile up the road from us.    I tried to upload it normally but then just clicked and dragged it on the page.  It says "Preparing Video" for about 15-20 seconds before it loads.

• Hello, ALL. Pleasant day here. Cleaner came this morning and broke one of my favourite things - a lovely 3D wooden Osprey standing jigsaw. I was glad to tell her we don't want her next week (boys will be gone for J's pre-op and I can't cope with her on my own) so I have two weeks to get over it!

All been busy today in various ways; still experimenting with different ways of cooking!
  • Oh, dear, OG. What a shame. I hope she was apologetic, and also, you don't say if it can be repaired. Hope so.

AQ, I saw a story this morning about a woman who got lost in the outback but has been found because someone saw her "help" message on the ground, when looking at his security camera. It was near Adelaide.

I was going to make some scones but only got as far as taking the butter out of the fridge. Went to sleep in a heap, as we used to say, but I suppose I must have needed it.
  • Annette -- interesting clip of your erm, neighbours. Have you ever seen one, even in the distance?
  • OG:  What a shame about your osprey jigsaw.  

Lindybird: I haven't seen a mountain lion in the flesh; just bobcats.

I'm continuing to  'downsize' the garden, took out some plants that require too much fussing to keep them looking nice;

Our new big Target store is having its Grand Opening Sunday (it had its "soft" opening yesterday).  Yay!  :-))