Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 October 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Everyone have a wonderful autumn week!

The heat wave is over here. Going to turn cold!

• Rose - Oh yes, first Thursday of October and through to the weekend is Goose Fair. OH comes from Nottingham and when we were first married we lived in Arnold, just outside the city boundaries. We would always make a beeline for the Fair in October and remember one year taking his Step-gran with us and she thoroughly enjoyed it. Also took Richard just before we moved up to Scotland for a couple of years.

Must admit I have never tried to cook a tortilla.

Had a morning off church on Sunday as Dau wanted to catch up on jobs she needed to do so it was a lazy one.

Been damp again down here with sunshine inbetween the showers.
  • Thanks for all your news. Tortilla, Spanish omelette, Frittatas - all one and the same and all sound delicious but never tried one. Maybe one day!!
  • Have tried and failed, about 4 times, to put on my pic: it has a lot of detail in it, so suppose that it has too many pixels in it to post.

Must get to bed.... night All.
  • Hey, folks. I realized that I forgot to assure everyone that my computer problem was not caused by a virus or any type of malware. (It was a system configuration error.) I'm on Facebook with some of you, and I exchange emails with some of you, so I didn't want you to worry that I will infect you. LOL

Hope you all are okay. Like bjane, I would call that dish a frittata.

Annette: My aunt came here from Mexico, and I've watched her make tortillas the old-fashioned way that you describe. I've tried making them, but mine never come out right. LOL

• Interesting debate re frittatas vs Spanish Omelettes vs. Tortillas. We have frittatas here, but we don't use tortillas. Of course, the emphasis is on Mexican as opposed to Spanish. There's also a difference between "real" Mexican food and the Southwestern (U.S.) Mexican version.

Got frustrated with some paperwork here and harrumphed off to the garden where I worked off the exasperation by transplanting a Tecoma Stans Yellow Bells to a more sunny location. Also fixed a leaky hose..When we laid out the planting, we were advised to put plants that tolerated heat in the area that's in full sun and full shade 50% of the year because the summer heat would wipe out shade-loving plants. Trouble is the sun-loving plants aren't thriving either....

Seems like everyone's doing okay (apart from the fact that the world is going to hell in a handbasket).

Take care, and have a good Wednesday all.
  • Yes, we all seem to be surviving, Annette, in spite of things. When I go to the supermarket and happen to see anyone I know, we now roll our eyes over "the state of things". (And change the subject)

Good Morning. Dampish here again, and def. becoming autumnal. Errands to do this morning, and going to the cinema with Sue, my sis in law, and a relative of hers this afternoon.
  • Damp here also. Oh for a dry crisp day!
  • Ditto, Heather. A friend and I are going to a nearby National Trust property tomorrow - Knole House. There is quite a lot of 'outside' there, so a dry, crisp day would be perfect ...
  • Usual "sunshine and showers" here - to me, that means "wet" as can't plan anything outside. Haircuts this afternoon, otherwise just finishing unfinished tasks.
  • We very rarely buy anything at the door, but decided we must try the offer of doorstep delivery of farm milk - in glass bottles - and they collect the empties! Deliveries start in a couple of weeks.